Change font size   Print view

Converting a D8B to a full fledged DAW Controller (w/o MIDI)

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Converting a D8B to a full fledged DAW Controller (w/o M

Postby Petersueco » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:14 am

Marc Girard wrote:Hello again,

Peter, we already thought about your option. The d8b already has a "Write" button available (and has a led status too). We could use the Assign button underneath for read (Green led as well). It makes more sense to me as we're gonna try to use all of the d8b channel buttons available to us. Actualy, that's why I want to implement the 4th generic emulator, those Read/Write buttons are *NOT* accessible thru the MCU protocol. As for the V-Pots underneath the VFD, I'll use them for sure, but the MCU protocol has 8 V-Pots available to the user, that's why I want to page flip with the arrow buttons. You'll see, it'll make sense once implemented. I don't think we can replicate the Fat Channel configuration as the MCU is quite limited. It wouldn't be possible to do some kind of PreSonus emulator once again because of the MCU protocol, too limited... For now, let's concentrate on the main functions, we're almost done! :)

Absolutely! First things first.

What can I do to my console to prepare it for the software arrival? Any cabling that I should buy or make myself? I know that, in my case, I have to look for another audio interface to replace the d8b. I have the surround system connected to the 8 Buss Out

Also, in the future, will it be possible to use another control protocol that have more flexibility? Like say the Euphonic Eucon protocol?

Expectant!
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Marc Girard » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:26 am

Peter, The cable specs are not 100% done yet neither! :) The one we have right now is quite a thing. I'm planning to include a cable with each DAW8Bridge sale, it'll be part of the price as the cable is a custom pinout. Adding more flexibility is not out of the plan, actually Frank is thinking about doing Version 2.0 with a DLL that'd be supported directly in Nuendo (like EuCon). It'd be a special DLL that you could copy into the "Components" directory of your Nuendo/Cubase installation. But let me say that's FAR away! I do have access to Steinberg's Remote SDK, but it's very complicated... Don't hold your breath for now.

Question for you: Could I use your small d8b icon (Database) in my software with your kind permission? I need a small icon to fits in the system tray for when you minimize the app in the background. I could use a nice app icon too if you're inspired! :) Thanks!

Marc
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby Petersueco » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Marc Girard wrote:Question for you: Could I use your small d8b icon (Database) in my software with your kind permission? I need a small icon to fits in the system tray for when you minimize the app in the background. I could use a nice app icon too if you're inspired! :) Thanks!

Marc

Sure! You mean the one with the d8b letters or the one with the man logo.

If you want me to make another icon just let me know what size you need it. Nowadays with Windows7 the icons have 3 or 4 sizes. Any other graphic help you would need please let me know. I'm always happy to help ;) Just brainstorm away a let's see what I can come up with.

This is a variation of the one in the Database link:
Attachments
favicon.gif
favicon.gif (Array Bytes) Viewed 1175 times
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:06 am

Petersueco wrote:Sure! You mean the one with the d8b letters or the one with the man logo.

If you want me to make another icon just let me know what size you need it. Nowadays with Windows7 the icons have 3 or 4 sizes. Any other graphic help you would need please let me know. I'm always happy to help ;) Just brainstorm away a let's see what I can come up with.

For now, I'm just using the one you are using too in your "Database" link in your Navigation Bar, looks awesome minimized in the tray! :) Thanks for your kind permission, it'll be remembered in due time! :) I really don't know what sizes I need, but there's definitively two sizes for sure: the 16x16 (we have already!) and there's a 48x48 I believe for the Main App icon (and a 16x16 of that 48x48 for the top left corner of the window, next to the window title). Thanks a million!

Marcus
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby deanoh » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:29 pm

Since Simon mentioned this (glitches, upgrades, etc.), I thought it might be a good time to add a couple of things to that. It may not be of a priority to Marc's and Frank's minds right now, I do believe though that in this forum we have from professionals to enthusiasts (like me) that one can spare 50 or 500 USD and some may spare 5000 USD. Could Marc and Frank think and give us a little bit more detailed explanation of how the payment and distribution will take place (some of us don’t live in North America), as the price is not known at the moment obviously and it will be determined by the total time spent plus whatever the boys would like to earn and must-must-must earn for such an awesome project.

Also regarding support, after the first release and before any major update how they will deal with bugs of purchased software since we all know that new software and operating systems don't always work 100% in all computers or different setups (I'm not going to ask for any documentation as this might be obvious).

Many thanks boys and keep on going,

Regards,
Deanoh
deanoh

Postby johnno » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:14 pm

Marc Girard wrote:
Petersueco wrote:Sure! You mean the one with the d8b letters or the one with the man logo.

For now, I'm just using the one you are using too in your "Database" link in your Navigation Bar, looks awesome minimized in the tray! :) Thanks for your kind permission, it'll be remembered in due time! :) I really don't know what sizes I need, but there's definitively two sizes for sure: the 16x16 (we have already!) and there's a 48x48 I believe for the Main App icon (and a 16x16 of that 48x48 for the top left corner of the window, next to the window title). Thanks a million!

Marcus
Ask and ye shall receive.
Attachments
favicon48x48.gif
48px icon
favicon48x48.gif (Array KiB) Viewed 1147 times
johnno

Postby Petersueco » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:04 pm

Hey Johnno, nice try :)

Marc, I had a little time to redo the original icon. These three icons should suffice for almost all your needs:

Cheers.
Peter Holmquist.
Attachments
d8bicon48x48.png
d8bicon48x48.png (Array KiB) Viewed 1139 times
d8bicon24x24.png
d8bicon24x24.png (Array KiB) Viewed 1139 times
d8bicon16x16.png
d8bicon16x16.png (Array KiB) Viewed 1139 times
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby High C Double G » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:48 pm

Yeah don't mess with Mr. Peter S and his rendering skills! :lol:

Check out the: d8b MkII: The Dream Console located in the data base under such name. It is truly a dream console.

Nothing to add here just my normal ramblings. It is a wait and see for me. I live in "River City" but it looks like LA.

MPD
Make some noise!!!
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Marc Girard » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:41 pm

Petersueco wrote:Hey Johnno, nice try :)

Marc, I had a little time to redo the original icon. These three icons should suffice for almost all your needs:

Cheers.
Peter Holmquist.

Those look awesome Peter! I'm integrating them right now! Thanks a bunch!

PS: I'll send you an early beta in time, you're a contributor now! :D

MG
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby Petersueco » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:02 pm

Marc Girard wrote:Those look awesome Peter! I'm integrating them right now! Thanks a bunch!

PS: I'll send you an early beta in time, you're a contributor now! :D

MG

Great! 8-) Thank you! :lol:

Peter Holmquist.
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum