Change font size   Print view

Converting a D8B to a full fledged DAW Controller (w/o MIDI)

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Converting a D8B to a full fledged DAW Controller (w/o M

Postby pastorbone » Tue May 17, 2011 9:08 am

Casey_Pittman wrote:
pastorbone wrote:Me either, so does anyone know what the eta on the software and the cable is? Thyis what ive been wanting for a long time.

Marc Girard wrote:We're progressing, but still no dates available. Sorry, we're doing this part time, as we've got full time jobs.

Cheers all,

Marc

All in good time.

-Casey

Its all good Marc, just excited about this because I was going to buy a tascam 2400 but I love my D8b so much that I would rather spend the money on your software than a us2400. please let me know when you are going to break out with a product and how I can get it? Pastorbone@backbonerekerdz.com keep up the good work!
pastorbone

Postby Axeman098 » Tue May 17, 2011 2:07 pm

yeah, you're better off waiting than wasting money on a us2400. They're great when they actually work, but they're a buggy mess...
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby farmac » Tue May 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Haven't been here in a while , getting ready to move my equipment back into my renovated studio. I'm interested in making the purchase to revive my D8b ( like everyone else apparently ).

It'd be nice to see the developers of this revival join forces with a software company , such as Reaper for instance , in order to integrate the D8b fully , so as to take advantage of the unique buttons and features that made he D8b the great board that it is. People love this mixer because of it's design and functionality , not merely due to the number of faders and transport controls available. Being able to use it as a control surface only , pleases a few because they can use what has become a gigantic paperweight , now as something useful.

Again , it'd be nice to see a recording software company be involved , so as to truly integrate with the D8b , to bring back the magic of using this great mixer. Good Luck. I'll b checking in.
farmac

Postby Axeman098 » Wed May 18, 2011 5:33 am

yeah, it WOULD be nice to see a DAW software fully integrate the D8B, but realistically, no company has or would put to use the resources required to support such an endeavor on such an old peice of hardware. However, if Marc's efforts prove effective, then any DAW that supports MAckie should integrate it just fine. I'm really looking forward to using it.
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby farmac » Wed May 18, 2011 5:10 pm

Point taken. As soon the guys that rule this forum ( Dan , AnyH , Crash , HighC doubleD , etc ) can verify that this is a working deal , I'm in !! FAST.
farmac

Postby anyhorizon » Wed May 18, 2011 11:44 pm

I can't jump any time soon since I'm on a Mac. I know Monsieur Girard mentioned that it will wind up ported but that will be a ways off. Also, and I know I'm old fashioned but I'm an OTB kinda guy even though I've made a semi-transition. Old dogs and new tricks etc. :)

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby Marc Girard » Thu May 19, 2011 5:09 am

Hey guys,

Read all the suggestions for names, there's some good ideas! Keep them coming! I thought of a name too... What about "Infinity"? Why do you ask? The "8" in D8B could be rotated side ways and create the infinity symbol. I might be pushing a little too far, but hey, I'm just trying to find a hip name! :)

Got news from Frank. He's got Mute and Solo switches to work so it seems. I'll try to meet him tomorrow and get some more stuff done. I've got somes ideas for the EQ section of the board, I'll let you know when it's working.

The idea of having an integrated DAW on the PSU is good! Though, quite hard to do because of the backplane of the casing itself. There might be power supply problems as modern computers need more power and funkier PSUs. Doing the opposite is doable too (mounting the D8B PSU into a PC) but it would be a hack job. For now, mine will stay unchanged! :)

And, Mac guys, don't worry, you won't be forgotten! "Infinity" is being developed on PCs, yes but it'll be totally portable! We didn't yet try to run the software on Mac, but it *should* work. That's a test we'll have to do soon.

Cheers all,

Marc G.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby Dan Worley » Thu May 19, 2011 6:43 pm

Marc Girard wrote:And, Mac guys, don't worry, you won't be forgotten! "Infinity" is being developed on PCs, yes but it'll be totally portable! We didn't yet try to run the software on Mac, but it *should* work. That's a test we'll have to do soon.

That's great news. Now I'm interested.

Hmm, a hip name... Uh...

c-ya,

Dan Worley
Dan Worley
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby m33 » Fri May 20, 2011 6:24 am

Yesssss... maaaaac please!
m33

Postby High C Double G » Fri May 20, 2011 8:45 am

Hi Marc,

Most of the people I know are on Mac's - "That's a test we'll have to do soon." Good idea Marc.

Infinity is a car, no offense, and if you don't copyright MFII, I will.

MFII - A software controller system for the d8b digital console. Everything you need is in the box.
Make some noise!!!
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum