Change font size   Print view

5.1 crack [DONE]

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: 5.1 crack [DONE]

Postby studioman3 » Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:33 pm

I have been reading all of these post and am now pretty confused. If what I am taking from this is right, it sounds like if I had the right floppy disk, it would overwrite the old files and make my UFX plugins work. If that is the case, that is awsome, however I have no way to make a floppy and am not computer savvy at all. Is there anyone who could make the disk for me, I would gladly pay for your time and of course shipping. Please let me know.

Thanks (long time user and winner of Dan Worleys Galloping Fader contest)
Tim
studioman3

Postby arjepsen » Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:47 pm

Let me see if I can answer your questions - but it depends a bit on exactly what it is you want.

There are two hacks made, that lets you use version 5.1 and all plugins. Both of them require that you have OS v5.1

One of them is as simple as overwriting one file on the harddisk with a hacked one.

Now, for making a new installation on the desk:
Yes you can use floppies to do it - but you have probably run into a usual problem: Floppy drives and disks are really not used anymore - I went out and bought several disks when I first bought this desk used - and all of the floppies I bought (new) were bad - unusable...

Several people in here have replaced the harddisk in the cpu-unit with a compact flash reader. This works the same as the harddisk, but its a bit faster, and lets you remove the card, and access it on a regular pc (provided you have a flash card reader).
When I had installed this, I made a couple of images that have been posted on the database. This means that you can use these images to write a new installation to your flash card. They can also be written to a harddisk, IF you have a usb to ide-harddisk interface. Generally, if you browse through the database, you will find a lot of very useful information.
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby csp » Tue Jul 16, 2024 1:21 am

Tim,

In my VERY long "Saga" topic (in the 60 page version) there is also quite a bit of information on going the compact flash card way. Not sure what pages but from memory I think I did the change over around November last year.

About the same area of the topic also, (I think) was also when I installed the Hack (definitely use Hack 2 as it is much easier).

If going to use the Hack, as detailed above in this topic a few times, you will definitely require OS 5.1 and in the Database in the "Support" section (I think) are the instructions, etc for downloading and installing OS 5.1

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby studioman3 » Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:42 pm

OK, I have OS 5.1 on my unit now and everything is up to date, I really just want to unlock all of the plugins. I need to do a final mixdown af my daughters Chrismas album and then I plan on selling my whole setup (D8B with os 5.1, 2 MFX 2UFX, HDR,MDR, and remote 48). I am lacking in computer skills and am afraid I would mess up my D8B, but would feel comfortable doing the hack with a floppy, I will look to see if I still have one that I could write to if this is a viable way to do the hack.

Thanks
Tim
studioman3

Postby alman21305 » Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:38 am

Hello Guys
I replaced the battery on the CPU board, now the software is asking to enter the authorization code for v5.1. unfortunately, I do not have it. please help or show me where to buy an authorization code for v5.1.

thanks guys
alman21305

Postby arjepsen » Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:18 pm

Take a read through this thread - you can find the info on how to install the hack.
If you have any questions on the procedure, feel free to ask - but its easier for us to help you if you ask more specific questions :-)
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby csp » Sat Jul 20, 2024 1:33 am

Alman,

As Arjepsen, an a number of others including myself have stated, the Hack install will overcome all of your authorization code requirements. I would suggest installing the Hack 2 version as it is far simpler to undertake.

The hack has been designed to circumvent the requirement to have the authorisation code for anything (OS, all effects).

All that you need to do is to have OS 5.1 installed and the Service Pak 3 (SR3 --- found on the database) downloaded and installed then once the hack is installed all will be fully operational in full mode.

I know that somewhere in my long "saga" post I have the instructions for doing the hack install, if you can't find it elsewhere. I think that if you simply type "Hack 2' in the Forum's Search box it will bring up lots of information about its instal.

Hope this helps and as stated keep us informed so that we can help you.

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby alman21305 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:44 am

thank you guys for the swift rersponse. however, can someone please post the link for hack 2.. thanks
alman21305

Postby alman21305 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:56 am

i'm looking for authorization code for this d8b ESN 0000-06BE-3CFC. nothing seems to work at the moment.
alman21305

Postby arjepsen » Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:06 pm

alman21305 wrote:thank you guys for the swift rersponse. however, can someone please post the link for hack 2.. thanks

Try reading from page 16 :-)
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum