Change font size   Print view

Recording software similar to HDR program?

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

Recording software similar to HDR program?

Postby MinglewoodNC » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi, I have been using hdr's for many years and have been using them in my system thru a DMX R100 mixer and then into a pc for the 2 track polishing. I need to add a daw program for itb recording and mixing (mostly mixing). I've tried Tracktion, Reaper, and currently Studio One V2 and all have left me wanting. I am used to the hdr editing and other ways of doing things and that is what I want to find. Samplitude has been suggested for one and I'll try the free trial.
Does anyone have any other suggestions or ideas?
Thanks,
Bill
Minglewood Studio
"A computer is a hole in your money into which you pour time." - words of wisdom from my wife Nancy
MinglewoodNC

Re: Recording software similar to HDR program?

Postby Casey_Pittman » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:34 pm

What is it you feel your missing with not using the HDR software? Most DAW's can do what the HDR can do and more.

-Casey
d8b V3 into RME HDSP 9652 with Cubase 7.5
Casey_Pittman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby MinglewoodNC » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:44 am

Hi Casey,
In my hybrid system I've been using the hdr for recording and then editing the performances for mixing, then play the tracks thru tracktion solely to be able to apply plugin processing to the tracks. I use some UAD cards for plugins thru tracktion but UAD has removed a plug in from their offerings that I used for dealing with latency induced by the plugins. Since this has made dealing with latency a real PITA I am going to have to change over to exporting my hdr tracks into a daw program in my pc (where plugin latency is automatically compensated) and I might as well do the editing and all in there. Like I said the hdr editing conventions are so ingrained in my methods of work I need a daw program with similar ways of doing things.
I am about to give Samplitue a try and from what I have learned it will most likely be the way to go.

Bill
Minglewood Studio
"A computer is a hole in your money into which you pour time." - words of wisdom from my wife Nancy
MinglewoodNC

Postby Casey_Pittman » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:44 am

Well good luck, it sounds like moving to a DAW is the logical step for you. Editing capabilities aren't that far off from the HDR for many main stream programs, nothing a few afternoons couldn't knock out.

-Casey
d8b V3 into RME HDSP 9652 with Cubase 7.5
Casey_Pittman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby BruceRoberts » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:49 pm

Logic X was my next step after HDR
Good luck!
BruceRoberts

Postby RichardWeiss » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:37 am

My favorite app to create quality HDR photos is Aurora HDR software, if you want to know about the MAC OS HDR photo editing software, I can recommend you to read this article http://besthdrsoftwaremac.com/ sure you'll find a lot of useful tips and tricks for you.
RichardWeiss

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders