Change font size   Print view

International postage - cable inquiry? Lost in transit

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

International postage - cable inquiry? Lost in transit

Postby Zorba the Geek » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:18 am

Hi Marc,

Just thought I'd check in here at the forum to see if you received my last support email. I am based in Melbourne Australia and purchased my d8bridge software on December the 8th. Unfortunately, however, my cable has still not arrived. I realize that there are often postal delays over the Christmas and New Year's period, but it is now nearly a month since the original cable was sent out.

Could you please check your d8bridge website support emails and get back to me. It would be greatly appreciated. I am really eager to get started with your software, especially after hearing the positive reports so far!

Thanks and kind regards,
George
Zorba the Geek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: International postage - cable inquiry? Lost in transit

Postby Marc Girard » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:11 pm

I just answered your email. I'm sending another cable right away. Sorry about that situation!
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby Zorba the Geek » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:17 am

Hi again Marc,

Thank you for getting on to this so quickly and for sending out another cable.
It is much appreciated. Thank you!!

Kind regards,
George
Zorba the Geek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Marc Girard » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:22 am

Hello George,

I'm back from the postal office. They told me my package could take up to 6 weeks maximum to reach Australia. That being said, I shipped your first cable on around the 8th of December. It "could" take 2 more weeks for the first cable to reach you. None of the less, I shipped a second cable to you just to make sure you get it. Please let me know when you receive it, we could "time" the postal services! Thanks!
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby Zorba the Geek » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi again Marc,

I'm sorry about all the trouble this simple cable has caused. I had no idea that postage could take up to 6 weeks! I'm not sure why this would be the case, given that US post generally takes a week or two at most (that is USPS Priority Mail, not even Express or Guaranteed service). Either way, I'm sure something will arrive soon enough. I'll be sure to give the homing pigeons a drink and some rest before their return flight! I am so keen to try out your d8bridge software, therefore maybe I was a little premature in pestering you over the cable delivery time. Thank you for being so generous and sending out a second cable and I'll be sure to let you know when one or both arrive.

Kind regards,
George
Zorba the Geek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Red Carpet » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:41 pm

hi marc could you send me another cable too

because now i got my new computer and as soon as i putt the midi ports in place and do a restart of the computer and i get to the inlog screen my mouse arrow starts wiggling all over the place and clicking randomly when i turn off the d8b power supply the wiggling stops emediatly and every thin is allright again so maybe there is a foult in the wiring of the cable
Red Carpet

Return to D8Bridge Forum