Change font size   Print view

Mackie control midi map info & Reaper zoom anomaly

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Mackie control midi map info & Reaper zoom anomaly

Postby MOSHWITZ » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:27 pm

Sup?

Mark, I came across this while while looking something up about a quirk in Reaper. I know you guys have reverse engineered what messages are sent , but I thought this might be a handy chart to throw into the info pool. :D

http://home.comcast.net/~robbowers11/MCMap.htm

The quirk is that when you use the zoom/cursor controls(V-pots) from the Board it does not stop, it keeps going and will not stop , and can not get it to go the other way.

For instance, if I want to zoom in on a waveform, I turn the knob and the track starts to expand, but not one click at a time, it just goes until it has expanded the track all the way and keeps telling it to expand more although it has gone as far as it can go and you can not stop or reverse this action.

I'll try to get a vid of this later.

the zoom works fine AFAICT,,in Cubase5, and in Presonus Studio One2.

Speaking of Studio One,,,how do you implement the track offset for the 3 MCU's?
I cant figure it out and am sure it is something simple ,,,but I just don't see the option.

MOSHON
DAVE
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Mackie control midi map info & Reaper zoom anomaly

Postby MOSHWITZ » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:13 pm

Sup? :)

Ok, shot this vid this morning of the zoom issue in reaper I am having.

MOSHON
DAVE
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Petersueco » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:37 pm

This has to be something to do with Reaper.

We tested the zoom function over Nuendo (version 3 and 4) and the zoom function worked pretty well.

Just my 2 cents.

Peter Holmquist.
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MOSHWITZ » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:02 pm

Sup?

Yeah,, it works fine in Cubase 5 and Presonus Studio One2 also.

MOSHON
DAVE
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Marc Girard » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:58 pm

It's hard to see in the video, have you turned on the Zoom mode? Like Peter said, works fine on the other DAWs, it might be a problem with Reaper. The MCU implementation was written by a third party and might not be perfect. I'll investigate the issue when back to the studio later this week.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby MOSHWITZ » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:14 am

Sup? :D

Well,, Yeah,,I figured its a Reaper thing and not a D8Bridge thing as it works fine for me in the other DAW's also.

I guess i could have just posted " Hey guys,, you cant Zoom in reaper".. :lol: probably would have made that clear from the start. :oops: But I was just trying to give you the most feedback I can, as I am in a kind of unique situation with my rig as I currently Jam/record with 5 sets of guys and a couple of other projects going who all have their own favorite software, and over the last few years if I did a project for someone and they had a preference in software, I would include some or all of the price of it in my fee and just buy it for my rig to make them happy and figured this way I could see what I liked best for my own material on the cheap...in a way.
I have Cubase, Nuendo, Studio One2, Reaper, Samplitude, Sonar... 4 through X1c,,, SAW Studio, and not currently installed but I think I even still have Logic 5 somewhere. and an older version of Reason, and Fruity Loops(but never really got to into them)

Anyway,, that's why I was poking around to see if anyone had anything similar happen with a real MCU when I came across that midi chart,,I hope it can be of some help.

BTW,, I figured it was something simple I was missing setting up Studio one2,,,,I didn't pay attn. to the ( PLACEMENT) tab in the control surface setup window... :roll: :oops: Doh... :D working great now :)

MOSHON
DAVE
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to D8Bridge Forum