Change font size   Print view

Converting a D8B to a full fledged DAW Controller (w/o MIDI)

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Converting a D8B to a full fledged DAW Controller (w/o M

Postby Marc Girard » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:43 am

Hey Peter, are you in for a nice splash screen? :) You could use that nice rendered d8b of yours for the background! :) Thanks man!

MG
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby Petersueco » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:31 pm

Ok, lets see... what name does the software have? Any version number to display? Other things you may want to include? Dimensions (in pixels)?

Peter Holmquist.
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Petersueco » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:30 pm

Daw8Bridge_splash_screen.jpg
Daw8Bridge_splash_screen.jpg (Array KiB) Viewed 1338 times

This is just an initial drawing. Let me know your thoughts.

Peter Holmquist.
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Badbass780 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:34 am

Drooling with anticipation.
Badbass780

Postby High C Double G » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:18 am

d8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8bd8b

"MF-II Software --- Exclusive to the d8b" - The only software controller system for the d8b digital console.

"Everything you need is in the box"

or could be some variation I'll keep putting them out there - Like I say --- I have no attachment what so ever.

MF-II Exclusive Software "It has been specially designed for use with your d8b" - This is the only software controller system you will need for your d8b digital consoles.

By putting "Real World" in the description it adds a certain "it will work" aspect (by the way hasn't been done before so it is revolutionary (another good word) ... Giving away some secrets here, but whatever :roll: nothing you can't find on YouTube right!? :? 8-) ... or maybe not...

MF-II Exclusive Software "It has been specially designed for use with your d8b" - This is the only Real world software controller system you will need for your d8b digital consoles.

I don't go down without a fight... just sayin... daw8bridge is pretty okay but it is weak from a sale perspective - you may not believe me and that is okay I don't attach myself to such things so as not to take things personal.

It is not personal, it works or it doesn't work. It is a grab em while you can world - just watch the way stuff is thrown at you in real time - Believe me I know what I am talking about. bigger market, more sales better development... everybody wins!
Make some noise!!!
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby High C Double G » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:45 pm

And just as a matter of mentioning the d8b is/was a very popular desk still today and certainly of yesteryear (in a very big way); many of them are literally sitting around waiting for this development to happen, so a systematic scheduling of media pouncing is without a doubt a very necessary TOOL to be able to capitalize and be able to capture and surprise on the shear volume (numbers) of d8b owners and as well be in a position to make it super attractive in regard to function and also price. There are people using a d8b right now or those who have been using something better and still have their d8b; they have never been to gearslutz.com or any other forum - FACT. This fact may be hard to believe but it is also very true.

Graphic design on adverts only scratches the surface, Nashville to Hollywood, to the ends of the earth, famous endorsements - I realize the target customers, at this time, happen to be at the low end of the consumer base, but realize, and this a very important fact; it is important to remember that the high end console, at one time, was the d8b - This is also a fact! And with this software, well guess what? Hello! Can you hear me?

Everybody in audio knows the d8b - this is plain and simple truth. Anyone who has been around PRO audio a while at least has heard of a d8b.

I had a very prominent engineer come over to my studio. (I already told this story, but I will tell it again for those who missed it.) He and his partner bought Rick Springfield's PT HD system and I know those guys through a number of roundabout ways, one of them being Tim, who was on the road with him for about 6 years? Anyway I was over at my engineer’s friends' studio like I had been many times before for different things and he has this new HD system - nice and I did a couple things for him there. Through a straight ahead barter he comes over to my place and this is a direct quote... "I forgot how cool this thing is" he was talking about my d8b which he worked on for years, not at my studio but at his as he owned one - This guy used to hang out with Greg and the whole nine - whatever that is a long time ago. Anyway like I said, I have told this 100% true story before, the thing is this, as a working engineer he works on whatever desk is in the studio he is called in to work in... a lot of boards are not his favorites lets just say to be polite.

So however lame a media blitz might sound, I assure you it is not lame...not in the least, not lame at all.

Magazine write ups, web presence - NAMM CES NAB all good candidates, or maybe you have already thought out this line of thinking.

I am super employable and have the proper wherewithal and great connections and networks in this arena. Just saying how low do you go? :mrgreen: Not to mention, I am super personable and I work well with others. More on this later, but some self-promotion although possibly out of line doesn’t hurt my cause. Let’s just say I know my way around!

I will say it again, I am not attached to any of it, it is just work to me and I am good at it - Maybe I gave up too much here but it is in my nature to give, I believe it comes back to me so I don't mind and I do not take any of it personally.

Michael
Make some noise!!!
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Marc Girard » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:02 pm

Hello all,

Long night yesterday at Frank's... Worked on the d8b until 3am but it was worth it! Gone are the hiccups and random freezes. I just can't wait to show it to you guys! I'm super excited! The only thing left to fix is my system exclusive MIDI routine. The VFD is now showing the status but not channel names yet. *Everything else* works good so far! We even found a way to hack in the "Write/Assign" buttons for automation!

Peter, WOW! Great job man! The splash screen looks GREAT! The name of the company is "Bluaudio" and I'll send you a PSD of the logo I've got on my business card. Version 1.0 is good, size looks decent to me! I'll send you an email!

Now, I've got some mixing to do at the studio, we'll be back soon! :D

Marc
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby Petersueco » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Hi Marc.

The size of the splash screen here at the forum is slightly smaller than the original.

I've got your e-mail and have sent you a new version of the splash screen with the bluaudio logo on in.

Peter Holmquist.
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dan Worley » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:03 am

Petersueco wrote:
Daw8Bridge_splash_screen.jpg

This is just an initial drawing. Let me know your thoughts.

Peter Holmquist.

Sweet!!!

I like "D8Bridge"or "D8B Bridge"

Actually, I like just how it is on the logo.

d8b BRIDGE

This looks cool, too: d8bBRIDGE

Nice splash and logo!

c-ya,

Dan
Last edited by Dan Worley on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Worley
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby fiverec » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:49 am

Hey guys
'm looking forward to the news please let me out!
I would like to acquire the software with cable for my d8b,
Marc're a genius in the world need more people like you!
Greetings to this forum in Barcelona SPAIN,
Here in love with his Mackie D8B
fiverec

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum