Change font size   Print view

Converting a D8B to a full fledged DAW Controller (w/o MIDI)

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Converting a D8B to a full fledged DAW Controller (w/o M

Postby fiverec » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:54 am

Hey guys
Marc excited I am following, you're a genius you and your friend frank is amazing how people are willing aa change the rules imposed by the large multinationals who only want money and more money, I think the D8B machine has a great future and they could having implemented updates what you're doing, no response from the firm and the negative attitude they have to give you strength, I'm really amazed at the progress you have achieved and believe me, count on me to help in the project I would not mind pay for the cable and software if you really going to TIP Convera my mackie on a controller able to manage my daw, Mac OSX platform work, I look forward to the day of release, so is encouragement and a hug from barcelona're a genius marc a great genius!
fiverec

Postby m33 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:24 am

I hate to say this but I think I'm giving up and buying something else. I'll keep the D8b around, just in case. But I realize this a labor of love for Marc and there's no guarantee they'll be able to figure it out or if it will even support macs.

The new Allen and Heath GSR24 looks hot. Also considering saving up my pennies for the SSL Matrix.

Someone please talk me out of this.
m33

Postby Marc Girard » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:40 pm

Hello all,

Sorry for the lack of news/advancements... It's summer time here in Montreal and on top of this, I'm a bit sick! It sucks to have some time off with the kids and going to the medical clinics instead of going camping!

As soon as I get better we should be able to resume our developments... Sorry for the delay!

MG
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby Axeman098 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:49 pm

@m33 The A&H GSR24 IS quite nice....but uh....have you SEEN the price tag???? Thanks but if I'm going to spend THAT much, I might as well go gonzo and buy a C|24...

@Marc No worries man, those of us that have been following your progress understand the circumstances involved. My only question during the break would be to ask if you could assess where things are at in the development process currently, and what has been accomplished so far, and what is left to work on/figure out? I understand completely that there is no definitive timeline for this process, but perhaps in the interim of the break you might could just share where things stand, and what else needs to be worked on or looked at? Just throw us a bone to gnaw on for a bit :P Perhaps you could describe in a bit of detail more of exactly WHAT your vision for this mod is, HOW MUCH control you expect to have etc. I would STILL like a clarification of exactly what the D8B being seen as 3 Mackie Control universals means to the end user, and jst how much assignable control that will equal.

I know YOU have a plan/idea of exactly what you want the Mod to do and be. Perhaps during the break, if you have a moment, you could share with some of us the finer nuts and bolts of that vision. There are SO many grey areas of uncertainty involved, while waiting for this to become a reality, could you share some of that vision with us? I'm generalizing of course, but you understand what I mean right? I think knowing what YOU expect this to become would answer a lot of question from all of us that can't wait to get our hands on it. Personally, I'll wait as long as it takes....My D8B isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but I; like others I'm sure; have SO many unanswered questions about what this Mod can and cannot allow you to do, that it would help a lot of us tremendously to hear from you exactly what YOU expect this Mod to be able to do/control.

Beyond that, I hope you feel better soon and just let us know things as you can. ;)
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Marc Girard » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:43 pm

Hello guys!

Just wanted to let you know about some progress that's been made! We had some problems with our MIDI loopback software (LoopBe30) we changed to the freely available MidiYoke and most of the problems are gone! The communications are more stable now. We're also working on the pan pots, they're working good so far! So, tweaks still to be done but we're slowly progressing on that front.

We also progressed on the Solo/Mute front. We had some slow downs because there's lots of MIDI messages sent when soloing one channel (it sends mutes to all other channels) so that's 24 commands sent in one shot. But we're good now!

We should be able to do a new video soon (somewhere in the next week), I'll keep you posted!

Cheers,

Marc
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby synthjoe » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:03 am

Great! Can hardly wait...!
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby MOSHWITZ » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:27 am

Awesome Job ....
MOSHON
DAVe
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby fiverec » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:40 pm

Hello everyone
mackie D8B I have a table that I will sell how much to ask for it? is impeccable
Private photos for sending
greetings
fiverec

Postby muratasil » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:35 pm

m33, it's a great board but very EXPENSIVE !!!!! DON't BUY !!! ( convincing enough ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: )
muratasil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby muratasil » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:39 pm

Marc,
I think everyone is dying to see a new video... you can even post the old ones with a new edit :lol: We're all very excited and appreciate all the time and effort. I think everyone has bought new USB cables and waiting.
muratasil
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum