Change font size   Print view

Newbie setup help PLEASE!!!!

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Newbie setup help PLEASE!!!!

Postby spmonkay » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:38 pm

So ideally I need an interface with 3 opticals, midi and word clock! Have looked and there’s nothing on the market from I see that has all that! Am I missing something here? Seems there’s a big hole in the market there! I see that there’s a number of older interfaces that have this spec but I can’t seem to find any used for sale! Guess I’ll just have to keep my eyes open!

Thank you very much for the help though! Much appreciated!
spmonkay

Postby angelotaylor » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:48 pm

spmonkay wrote:So ideally I need an interface with 3 opticals, midi and word clock! Have looked and there’s nothing on the market from I see that has all that! Am I missing something here? Seems there’s a big hole in the market there! I see that there’s a number of older interfaces that have this spec but I can’t seem to find any used for sale! Guess I’ll just have to keep my eyes open!

Thank you very much for the help though! Much appreciated!

Cold You try ebay?
angelotaylor

Postby spmonkay » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:03 pm

Yeh I had a look, they have a motu 2408 but I think it’s a pci card based one again! I think I’m gonna have to go down the separate midi and interface route! Is there a cheaper midi option than the apogee Big Ben?
spmonkay

Postby angelotaylor » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:09 pm

spmonkay wrote:Yeh I had a look, they have a motu 2408 but I think it’s a pci card based one again! I think I’m gonna have to go down the separate midi and interface route! Is there a cheaper midi option than the apogee Big Ben?

Apogee Big Ben - its not a MIDI. It is high precisely external Word Clock Generator. It is the source of Your word clock! And it is expansive!
angelotaylor

Postby spmonkay » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:43 pm

Sorry I meant is there a cheaper option to the midi express as you suggested earlier!
spmonkay

Postby angelotaylor » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:13 pm

spmonkay wrote:Sorry I meant is there a cheaper option to the midi express as you suggested earlier!

Yes. Emagic AMT 8 USB, or Emagic AMT4 USB
angelotaylor

Postby spmonkay » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:00 pm

Ok thanks, just weighing up my options. What Mac Pro spec would you suggest if I were to go down that route?! I’ve had a look on eBay and there are quite a few old Xeon Mac Pro’s but I’m not really up on the old cpus and not sure what I’m looking for that will run will run all the software well enough!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers

Steve
spmonkay

Postby angelotaylor » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:40 pm

spmonkay wrote:Ok thanks, just weighing up my options. What Mac Pro spec would you suggest if I were to go down that route?! I’ve had a look on eBay and there are quite a few old Xeon Mac Pro’s but I’m not really up on the old cpus and not sure what I’m looking for that will run will run all the software well enough!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers

Steve

Ok, what software You will be run on the Mac Pro? We are have meni variants. You will enough two 4-core intel Xeon CPU`s with 3 gHz, and 32 gig of memory, it is not expensive yet! Mac Pro 3.1, or 4.1 with two Intel Xeon CPU`s at 3, or 3.2 gHz (summary - 8 cores)! Most VST synths - will working properly, all processing - inside D8B (not VST!) and You will be enjoy :) On Mac Pro 3.1 You will be able run Mac Os El Capitan. This Mac Pro will have same performance, as Your macBook, it will just consume more power!
angelotaylor

Postby spmonkay » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:09 pm

Well the main software I use is probably Logic Pro x and ni ultimate 11.
spmonkay

Postby angelotaylor » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:43 pm

spmonkay wrote:Well the main software I use is probably Logic Pro x and ni ultimate 11.

What is system requirements of this software? I dont use logic, I use Cubase as VST and MIDI host. And Pro Tools Mix as auidio workstation.
angelotaylor

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum