Change font size   Print view

Converted HDR to CF cards BUT.........

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

Converted HDR to CF cards BUT.........

Postby lnegro » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:41 am

Hello Again

Converted the d8b, MDR and HDR to use Compact Flash cards. System cards are good but the external drive on the HDR doesn't like the Komputerbay 32gb card (2nd one). It will format but on verify spouts the "can only use for archive...etc) Its the second UDMA7 1066x card that wont work. Formats ok but nada on the verify. I have a Lexar card that is only 800x and has no problem. Tried formatting on PC first then on HDR but makes no difference. Its supposed to be a 150mb/sec CF card. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks for the help

Larry
d8b-HDR-MDR
lnegro

Re: Converted HDR to CF cards BUT.........

Postby doktor1360 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:34 am

lnegro wrote:Hello Again

Converted the d8b, MDR and HDR to use Compact Flash cards. System cards are good but the external drive on the HDR doesn't like the Komputerbay 32gb card (2nd one). It will format but on verify spouts the "can only use for archive...etc) Its the second UDMA7 1066x card that wont work. Formats ok but nada on the verify. I have a Lexar card that is only 800x and has no problem. Tried formatting on PC first then on HDR but makes no difference. Its supposed to be a 150mb/sec CF card. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks for the help

Larry
d8b-HDR-MDR

I'm looking into this... it seems there's an issue with 'True IDE Mode' support... not by the *DR's or the D8B, but by the flash card vendors themselves. Keeping a long story shorter, it's something to do with formatting and that ide mode - stay tuned... :ugeek:

You knew it was coming, so here it is :
[Standard Mgmt Disclaimer] - "Your Actual Mileage May Vary..."

Peace
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby lnegro » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:21 am

Thanks Dok....I knew you'd have something on this.

Larry
lnegro

Postby lnegro » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:17 pm

Dok

I'm back trying to get these CF cards to verify but no luck. Have you found anything regarding the "true ide mode" support? I've tried everything but can not get any CF card to verify so it can be used for recording. different cards, adapters and cables on both the HDR and MDR. The cards are always recognized, connected to motherboard or even in the external bay.....just wont verify. Anything new on this?

Thanks

Larry
lnegro

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders