Change font size   Print view

probox and HUI preorder open !

Discussion board for ProBox users

probox and HUI preorder open !

Postby munkustrap » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:40 am

Hi Guys

the HUI is implemented. One lucky user just tested it and basically it looks good to release the new firmware in about 1 week or so.
There seems to be an issue with the MTC bar mode, but I will check that. Additional I have to check a few things with the
control room in HUI mode (the Studio out will be controlled with the Master fader as the Vpot is used for the incremental)

Just want to remind you that you can preorder here: http://www.weritz.com/probox/form.php

I will then start to build some boxes and serve the preorder list.

thanks
Ralph
munkustrap

Re: probox and HUI preorder open !

Postby sealevelsound » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:48 pm

Awesome...really excited about the HUI release...just put my name on the list...looking forward to giving the old d8b a new lease on life....Thanks!
sealevelsound

Postby p2h » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:14 pm

Yessir!!! Thanks Munk!
p2h

Postby thruhiker » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:14 pm

So, I was the lucky tester that Munk mentioned. :D

I put the HUI side of the ProBox through as much as I could and it never failed. I've done big editing as well as tracking sessions using the d8b with the Probox and I've been nothing but pleased. I've been able to ditch my keyboard and mouse for the most part in favor of solely using the d8b for most of my recording and mixing needs. And its great.

This is indeed the solution that we Pro Tools users on this board have been yearning for so long.

A big shout out to Munkustrap for coming through for all of us HUI and MCU users.

I hope he makes millions of Euros/dollars. ;)
thruhiker

Postby munkustrap » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:51 am

thanks a lot :-)

I have to add that the plugin selection is really terrible, but that seems to be a HUI / PT Problem. In cubase (using HUI) these Vpots / Buttons and the Display are working great.
It seems so that there is no possibility to fix that for HUI under PT. I think Avid will get rid of HUI to push their new Controllers :-)
munkustrap

Postby Midirose » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:53 am

Munkustrap, I have not posted at all on your Probox forum but have been quietly and anxiously awaiting the finish of your project in HUI mode. I am a D8b owner and a ProTools user, so to say I am ecstatic is a total understatement. I have money set aside for the D8b, Mac, Protools solution for a couple of years. I do have a couple of questions before I lay my money down to you.

1. With the Probox I can still use the audio on the D8b for input into Protools via my D8b ADAT lightpipe interface, If not can I use a parallel printer A/B box to switch between Probox (DAW Controller) and Mackie audio (Tracking) as normal?

2. With the D8b I can use faders, pans, mutes and solos for automation in Protools?

Last Question........When can I send the money?....LOL
Midirose

Postby munkustrap » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:01 am

Midirose wrote:Munkustrap, I have not posted at all on your Probox forum but have been quietly and anxiously awaiting the finish of your project in HUI mode. I am a D8b owner and a ProTools user, so to say I am ecstatic is a total understatement. I have money set aside for the D8b, Mac, Protools solution for a couple of years. I do have a couple of questions before I lay my money down to you.

1. With the Probox I can still use the audio on the D8b for input into Protools via my D8b ADAT lightpipe interface, If not can I use a parallel printer A/B box to switch between Probox (DAW Controller) and Mackie audio (Tracking) as normal?

2. With the D8b I can use faders, pans, mutes and solos for automation in Protools?

Last Question........When can I send the money?....LOL

Hi, so for question

1: I don't know, it was not tested till now. You can use the probox with the original firmware now, to be compatible to the Mackie CPU. You can use a switch to change between daw and mackie MCU, but I guess you will end up in a mess with the Leds that lite on the d8b. It could work, when you boot normal, make your audio routings, and then cange to the probox (switch) and then load the DAW software. But as I said its not tested. (I do not have a CPU/PSU)

2. Yes 24 channels can be controlled with these functions

last Q. Payment is done with paypal :-)
best regards
Munkustrap / Ralph
munkustrap

Postby Midirose » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:17 am

Munkustrap, thank you for all your work on the Pro Box. I look forward to using it with Pro Tools. I just added my name to your Order List
Midirose

Postby JargonVA » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:40 am

Probox sounds amazing!

Cant wait to use it with Logic X!

When can I order!!
JargonVA

Postby munkustrap » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:05 pm

Logic X already works.
only Protools(HUI) is in beta state
munkustrap