Change font size   Print view

I give up. Beringer x-32

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

I give up. Beringer x-32

Postby farmac » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:01 am

Hello fellow D8b losers. I ran my studio for several years using my D8b , and loved it. I've been using this special cable midi loop thing to use my board as a controller. I even changed my recording software to Cubase to ensure it would work. I even bought a lousy PC to use Cubase , to use my D8b as a controller. It kinda worked....
Listened to promises of a soon to be released updated , super duper version ,blah blah blah.
... just bought a ( never thought I'd say this ) Beringerx32.
Bye Mackie D8b.
If anyone here wants to buy a fully functional D8b with all the cards , check ebay in the near future. ( give me a week ) great shape.
Otherwise , bye everyone. Hope this bridge thing works out for you. It cost me a few years of productivity, waiting.
farmac

Re: I give up. Beringer x-32

Postby mixingmusic » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:57 am

I got the Other One and it works PERFECT!

MIXINGMUSIC is Happy :D
mixingmusic

Postby farmac » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:54 pm

Wow. Great. Missed it by a week. Waited 2 years , and somebody got it right a week after I jump ship. Lol. Good luck.
farmac

Postby munkustrap » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:16 pm

you can tell the guy that buys your d8b what he has to order ;-) a probox

thanks
Munk
munkustrap

Postby farmac » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:52 pm

I may have a guilty conscious sell my D8b junkbox, that needs a probox, now that I have this beringer x32. It sounds incredible. 40 inputs , 16 outs , monitoring system with a cat 5 cable !!!
- just got into this system yesterday for the first time. WOW

AND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WITH ITS 24 FADERS , THEY WILL ALL BE USEABLE WITH YOURSELF DAW !
...LIke everyone is try to use their old D8b here for. Makes my old D8b worthless as far as I can see. Lol
farmac

Postby NigelC » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:46 am

I hope you got your facts right cos from what I read in the manual it sounds like only the 8 group faders function as an MCU and it only offers mute and solo functions. Nowhere near as good as the ProBox or a real MCU.

Everything else about the X32 sounds very good like the scribble strips etc. However in terms of DAW control does not sound better than a D8B with the HUI layer in 5.1 (which is actually pretty good).
NigelC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby farmac » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:37 pm

The original software has 8. The company has already made it public they will release a full faders version. It has a group of assignable buttons as well. It's on board effects are awesome. Its ability to send monitoring feeds to individual p16m mixers to artists is amazing.
farmac

Postby mixingmusic » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:18 pm

farmac wrote:The original software has 8. The company has already made it public they will release a full faders version. It has a group of assignable buttons as well. It's on board effects are awesome. Its ability to send monitoring feeds to individual p16m mixers to artists is amazing.

Their own on board effects...... You can't use UAD or your own VST's ......I'm out!

ProBox=Cubase 7.5=UAD=My Own VST's=Priceless= :D
mixingmusic

Postby farmac » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:30 pm

mixingmusic wrote:
farmac wrote:The original software has 8. The company has already made it public they will release a full faders version. It has a group of assignable buttons as well. It's on board effects are awesome. Its ability to send monitoring feeds to individual p16m mixers to artists is amazing.

Their own on board effects...... You can't use UAD or your own VST's ......I'm out!

ProBox=Cubase 7.5=UAD=My Own VST's=Priceless= :D

You do realize that comment makes no sense.... the on board effect are a bonus , in addition to your DAW effects.
farmac

Postby NigelC » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:15 pm

Well if they do indeed release that update for full fader MCU emulation it sounds great.

However lets hope they do not lose interest like they did with the DDX3216. I think its main forte is for live sound, I remain to be convinced how useful it is for DAW control but I do like the scribble strip above avery fader, similar to the Avid.

Maybe one day someone will release a more affordable version of the Avid/Euphonix System 5.

What I would love is a DAW controller/mixer with enough pots on each channel for assigning to EQ/Plugins like above but the cost of one of these is mind blowing.

In my dreams I own an SSL Duality, but in reality its a D8B and an MCU/Extender setup.

I think I would jump at the ProBox had I (a) not bought the MCU and (b) the D8B had scribble strips above every fader.
NigelC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to D8Bridge Forum