Selling my D8b along with many accessories

Discussion board to sell and buy your gear

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 7:10 pm
I'm grateful to several members of this forum for assisting me in setting up this D8b in my home studio. However, after using it for a while I found I just don’t like digital boards; especially one that relies on an old computer to do anything. I also don't like many operational things hiding behind one button. Since it's my home studio, I can be selective on what I want to get things done. The D8b is not it. The board was originally from a local TV/Radio station and taken out of service there 5 years ago. It was in a climate controlled storage room, then moved into my home studio almost two years ago.

It does work but there are some issues I was told were a quirk with this board from day one and I find them too annoying for me to keep using the D8b in my home studio.

* It sometimes doesn’t boot when powered on. I either have to wait a minute or two before trying again, or I have to remove and reseat the power cable hock at the back of the unit before turning the power on again.

* When the unit doesn’t boot up, it exhibits the symptoms of a “rail cap” failure - relay clicks heard inside and random VU meters flash. The “rail caps” have been checked and they are within tolerance.

* It sometimes crashes for no apparent reason. When it does this while I’m recording a podcast narrative, it’s got to go.

* Some of the pots act wonky because they haven’t been cleaned in years. I have cleaned most of the gain pots using a DeOxit needle injector.

The D8b comes with many extras as shown in the pictures. OS 5.1 is currently installed in the CPU/power supply, but I do not have the original discs; I obtained them online. The connecting data cables are included but are not original Mackie products. Original manuals are included as well but not pictured.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST LOCAL PICKUP FOR THE BOARD. However, if the buyer would be willing to have the board, PSU, and all accessory professionally packed via UPS or FedEX, I will entertain that option and work with the buyer to see that everything is shipped safely.

Asking $400 or best offer for everything plus shipping if you want to go that route. PLEASE DON'T GO THAT ROUTE!

Please understand that I won't sell anything individually. I want this beast and everything associated with it out of my house.

Any questions, please ask.

IMG_2426.JPG
IMG_2426.JPG (Array KiB) Viewed 950 times

IMG_2427.JPG
IMG_2427.JPG (Array KiB) Viewed 950 times

IMG_2428.JPG
IMG_2428.JPG (Array KiB) Viewed 950 times

IMG_2429.JPG
IMG_2429.JPG (Array KiB) Viewed 950 times

Cessproesjpg.jpg
Cessproesjpg.jpg (Array KiB) Viewed 950 times
Premium Member
Premium Member
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:31 pm
Any CPU rack or full d8b setups for sale please?
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........

Return to For Sale