Change font size   Print view

finally got my probox to work but i need some info

Discussion board for ProBox users

finally got my probox to work but i need some info

Postby ismains » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:34 pm

hi everyones!

well i got my probox working under windows 7 64 with nuendo...everthing seem to be okay exept for the
master vu meter on the d8b it isn't working meaning the light are not lighting up at all i have notice in the video
of '' mixingmusic: i put a spell on you ''' that his master meter on the d8b were working so if someone can tell
me what i need to do to have it working ...my audio inputs are aux 9-10 and A tape in the outputs are
headphone 1 and master out....

thanks
ismains

Re: finally got my probox to work but i need some info

Postby mixingmusic » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:02 am

Hi ismains,
Sometimes the Mains work and sometimes they don't.....

They never have worked accurate...

I hate to complain....... :oops:

Best Regards

mixingmusic
mixingmusic

Postby munkustrap » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:25 am

Hi All

so the Main meter is a generic Controller and is not supported by the MCU protocol.
In cubase you can send different Meters to a generic Controller. Unfortunately they implemented, that the Main is always the last "Track" of your mixer. That means the Cubase Meter ID for the main changes by the number of tracks in your Project. So you have to adress the main meter to the generic Controller for every new Project (thats pure pain).
I have a generic Controller Setup on my Homepage for download, where the Control room master meter is routed to the mains. That works in my case, but at least it is not the TRUE Main meter (so not very helpfull).
To use the main meters of the d8b you can also send the used ASIO and CPU power to the Meters. maybe thats more
interesting than a main Level that is goes to your Speakers instead of the true main Level.

best regards
Ralph
munkustrap

Postby ismains » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:56 pm

thank you very much mixingmusic and munkustrap your help is very helpfull

by the way mixingmusic i really like your studio setup i may have some questions for you in a near futur?????

best regards
ismains

Return to ProBox