Change font size   Print view

Pro Box & Hui layer

Discussion board for ProBox users

Re: Pro Box & Hui layer

Postby thruhiker » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:44 pm

Yes, the plug-in "control" is clunky at best. I can't see much logic there. The best I can do is get them to appear with a touch of a button. Then, adjusting plug-in parameters is pretty much impossible. Not responsive at all... at least for me.

Since the d8B isn't actually a HUI maybe Mackie missed few things in the implementation of 5.1 before washing heir hands of the board.
thruhiker

Postby the boss » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:25 pm

Will the plugs and inserts be better in your implementation?
Is there a fix for the freezing daw when you use the plugins?
the boss

Postby munkustrap » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Hi
Inserts and plugins will be same as in hui, because i Stick to the hui
Protocol. I have no freedom to make improvements.

Best regards
Ralph
munkustrap

Postby munkustrap » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:02 am

Hi guys

I'm just busy in my Studio at the Moment, therefore HUI Progress is slow.
My testuser gave me a list which Buttons "do not work", I will check if this is a bug or if Protools doesn't support These Buttons. MTC seems to work now. After that I will release probox for hui. So please be Patient.
munkustrap

Postby the boss » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:13 pm

Nice.... I've added my name on your list and just can't wait to get the magic mail :)
the boss

Postby munkustrap » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:55 am

Hi Guys

I just want to give a short update on the HUI development. You are all hardly waiting and I just get a big delay on the release. This was because my demo Version ran out and protools interprets some HUI commands very strange. On cubase HUI works already.
But since some days I'm able to test again on Protools 10 !!
The MTC bug seems to be fixed. I had to Change the d8b "write" button to the HUI "AUTO" button (before it was the vPot button but that makes not a big sense). The AUTO Button is very important for Automation functions. Here I have still a small Problem that I have to fix but I can tell you already an important message (that also will be noticed in the Manual then)

On the HUI for Probox you will have 24 Channels + the main section (Transport and all other Buttons). That makes you feel to have ONE HUI with 24 Channels, but THAT IS NOT FULLY TRUE. In fact you have 3 HUIs. What does that mean ?

yes, you can control 24 channels at once (and shift in steps per one or 8 channels if you have more tracks)
but e.g. for the AUTO button in the channel. You can do Automation when you hold the AUTO button pressed and then press e.g. the AUTO Fader button to enable Fader Automation. And here is the Problem. As Protools thinks there are 3 HUIs connected it expects the proper AUTOFADER button. that means when you press tha AUTO button on channel 2, the AUTO FADER button of HUI 1 must be pressed.
you do not have to think about that because the probox makes this automatically. Unfortunately there is a small BAD effect. Protools cannot Interpret These commands if they are sent from two or more HUIs. That means if you press the AUTO button from channel 8,9 an then the AUTO FADER button, the probox sends the AUTO FADER for HUI 1 and HUI 2.
But protools cannot precess that in a correct way. so you have to do this first for channel 8, and afterwards for channel 9 as These are two different HUIs.

anyway I'm working on this at the Moment. I'll Keep you updated.
Thats the last issue that has to be solved before release. All other things are fine

best regards
Ralph
munkustrap

Postby munkustrap » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:11 am

Just wanted to give an upate on the status.
You havent heared about me for some days. I had to finalze an album there I was quite busy (that's done now).
Additional I just Support a guy making his d8b fanless without PSU/CPU. There are some Problems that I try to solve with him.

As maybe all of you know, I released the HUI (Firmware 2.01.09). Unfortunately there is a small bug with the MTC Display, but it is cosmetic and do not disturb the other functions. Anyhow I will solve that issue but it will take a little time.
Many people want to have a probox now and I try to serve them first. Especially the Protools Users were waiting for years and they are really hungry for the solution.

But I have not forgotten this issue ! I already had a look on that but ist not trivial. It's a big challange to fix, therefore ist not already done.

best regards
Munk
munkustrap

Postby munkustrap » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:38 pm

HUI is done and working
V2.01.12
munkustrap

Previous

Return to ProBox