Change font size   Print view

Don't Want to be confused...

Discussion board for ProBox users

Re: Don't Want to be confused...

Postby munkustrap » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:30 am

P2h

I'm pretty sure that your 12V power in your console makes troubles.

Measure if you have 12v in your console.
Measure if you have MGND and GND connected.

For pictures where and how to measure check my
Manual For building the Psu into the console.

Note: When MGND and GND is not connected then you will
Have the following problems.

No fader movement on screen When moving fader.
Strange or no motor fader movements
Vpots do not react but LEDs of vpots will work When you
Control Vpot with mouse.
munkustrap

Postby p2h » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:08 pm

Ok, thnx Munk--won't be able to check until I'm back in town--appreciate it.
p2h

Postby p2h » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:35 am

image.jpg
image.jpg (Array MiB) Viewed 10362 times
Munk, I'm not an electrician but, is this my prob...this is where my d8b is right now-- the other part was the same. So, that dgnd & mind should be connected together with some kind of cap or soldered together, correct?
p2h

Postby topdiggy2 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:50 am

Ph2 -

The culprit is starring at you right in your face!!!!

You are missing a 2nd wire similar to the green one with the blue cap....there should be a red one there as well that runs down onto the dsp board.

Thats where your failure is!!! Go to the database website here, and check out the photos section.
topdiggy2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby munkustrap » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:14 am

Thanks topdiggy2

thats exactly the failure. Thats the GND Connection between MGND and DGNG as I mentioned before.

see:
http://www.weritz.com/probox/PSU_for_console_only.pdf

page 5 (Picture on top) the black cable. you have to make a connection there.

then your faders and vpots will work
munkustrap

Postby p2h » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:33 am

Anything special needed for that connection? Just a cap connecting the two?
p2h

Postby munkustrap » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:18 pm

take a 1,5mm2 cable and two connectors that fits to the two connectors (I think the same are alos used in cars). if you are able to solder you can solder the cable.

best regards
Ralph
munkustrap

Postby p2h » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:33 am

Well, I guess my next step is to check the fuses...I connected the dgnd and mgnd and still nothing???? Pretty much where I was before I got the replacement part. A couple of things happened...I was putting everything back together on the CPU and moved the video card to a diff slot and the CF card too...got a disk failure error and had to move it back to where it was before, hmmm. The other thing that happened was the faders did a "lock" on one of the startups and the software loaded and bam! I controlled the faders for all of 5 sec again :cry: They did the "shake" after that. Maybe I can take pics/video tomorrow and get that last little piece of troubleshooting done before this d8b is conquered!

One thing though fellas, topdigg mentioned another cable...I looked at the forum pics and didn't see/couldnt see what you may have been describing? Could you post a pic of your power distribution part if it's not too much trouble? I'll double check the cables tomorrow, maybe one is loose again or I missed one, I don't think so, but I'll check. Thanks for the help again.
p2h

Postby munkustrap » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:24 am

hi p2h

topdiggy mentioned the Connection that you just did.

please check the 12V power domain in your d8b (hopefully you have a Voltmeter/multimeter)

first Picture (this Manual page 2)
http://www.weritz.com/probox/How_to_mak ... anless.pdf

- check your fuses (the three above the yellow elipse "A"
- check if you have connected the connector marked with yellow elipse "A"
- check if the squared white connector with the two yellow ond purple cables right beside connector marked with yellow elipse "A"
-measure the voltage between one yellow and one purple cable of the squared white connector right beside connector marked with yellow elipse "A". it must be 12V DC

http://www.sonido-7.com/d8b/photos.html
Picture DSP BOARD
the cable left downside

- Measure the 12V on the brainboard (search for the fat cables in Grey, one in red, when you look onto the brainboard its left side down. when you have found the connector, then on the right side of the connector you will find a row of components named FB1 to FB11. You have two Pins of each FBx device, one of the left, one of the right side (These are some kind of fuses). Please measure the voltage between FB8 and FB10 FIRST THE LEFT PINS. It must be 12VDC.
then measure the voltage between FB8 and FB10 ON THE RIGHT PINS. It should also be 12V DC.

Outcome: if you have 12VDC on the left Pins but 0V on the right Pins then your brainboard is broken (the fuses) search somebody that can fix that your you (Change These parts). I can do that if you want to send the brain-board.

If you have not 12V ON THE LEFT SITE, your 12V Domain doesnt come from the PSU to the brainboard (somewhere broken)
munkustrap

Postby p2h » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:00 pm

Thanks Munk, I will try all of that hopefully by the weekend. Not wanting to be a pain to you, but when do you expect HUI control to become available? Protools is my main daw, but I do work in Logic as well...and it would be great for me to use the d8b with both as a big control surface; as soon as I can this board operational, I wanna get the probox, thanks!
p2h

PreviousNext

Return to ProBox