Change font size   Print view

Don't Want to be confused...

Discussion board for ProBox users

Re: Don't Want to be confused...

Postby p2h » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:13 am

Hey Munk, hadn't received the email yet...not sure about the firmware; how do I check it? No control at all from D8B.
The faders DO NOT MOVE at all...the led's light all across the board but nothing can be controlled unless it's from the mouse...nothing else. What about the probox order? Is a re-order necessary? Thanks.

p2hstudio@gmail.com
p2h

Postby topdiggy2 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:47 am

@p2h

I think what he was asking you is (same question i was aasking you) faders a side. If you press the "select" button the channel strip, OR turn a vpot for that matter...can you see the select turn on and off on the CONSOLE....not the 17" monitor. We know its not talking to the gui...or maybe it is? We are asking if you are able to get physical local responses on the CONSOLE.

Or is the whole board stuck...press a button light just says on. Turn a knob (like the pan) and it doesnt move.

At any rate, Munk is suggesting the same thing i suggested, just replace the DSP board. its bad.
topdiggy2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby p2h » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:02 am

Hey guys, I don't think the board is "stuck"; yes I can tap the select buttons, rec buttons, mutes, etc and they will light/respond on the console as well as from the GUI. The pan-pots will not turn unless with the mouse. I think that answers your question, thanks for the help.
p2h

Postby munkustrap » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:36 am

@p2h

you do not have to re-order. let me know when you want to have the probox.
I think the probox will not fix your Problems as the vpots do not react but Buttons are ok.
you will have the same issue on the probox. We Need to fix that first

regarding your problems, let me repeat it quick.

- Switches and Switch LEDS are working and react (good, Firmware works, communication works)
- vpost do not react. I think the leds work when you do it with the mouse but it don't when you trun the vpot
- faders dont move. you said, that you have the Feeling that the faders sometimes want to go more down. Do they move down when you place them in the middle before powering up the whole console?
- meterbride dont work (ist this true)?
- check VPOT Channel 1, VPOT Channel 13 and VPOT Speaker Volume. are all 3 not working when you turn them?

- i think your controlroom should work (Audio) when you control the vpot with mouse (if you can) please check that. Ist necessary to check if +16/-16V supply Domain is ok.

I had a look into the schematics.

I think you have a Problem with the 12V supply or the components that gets 5V out of tese 12V
- check DGND,AGND and MGND is connected !!!
here measure on the power distribution board (d8b console with the big round connector ) if you have contact (0 ohm) between J101 and J201 (do this with the CPU/PSU connected to the d8b console but everything powered OFF)
- check in the PSU/CPU the fuse for 12V
- check in the PSU/CPU the 12V connector (squared White connector with two yellow and two violett/purple cables
- check the connector from CPU powersupply to the power board (4 pol connector White with 2xblack/yellow/red cable)
- check your 12V supply with a scope or multimeter in the d8b console !
- if this is all OK check 5V_REG on control board (IC 7805 U1 Pin 3. If you do not have this the vopts do not work

let me know the outcome
munkustrap

Postby p2h » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:14 pm

Thanks Munk, give me a day or so and I'll get back to you again.
p2h

Postby topdiggy2 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:32 pm

Hey P2h -

Any news yet on your fix?
topdiggy2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby munkustrap » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:07 pm

I think the tasklist was too much

hopefully you can use it ?
munkustrap

Postby p2h » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:22 am

Ok guys, here's the situation:

My replacement came in and I figured along with Top, that if I changed it out prob would be solved...so I did but--still NO change :o Ok, so now I need to trouble shoot through Munk's list with the power; at least I know that I put the D8b back together and I have some spare parts. So, maybe I can do that now---
p2h

Postby topdiggy2 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:57 am

@ P2h -

What "part" came in exactly? Because if you got the entire back section and not just the DSP board, then you would have changed out the whole power supply circuit...except for the part that is in the CPU itself.

...which is why i suggested changing out the entire back sections which would have included the PSU board, the dsp board, the power distribution board...because your issue is definitely related to something not getting power.

scratchin my head... :?
topdiggy2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby p2h » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:01 am

Hey Top, the back section was the part; yea, the problem seemingly must be power related somewhere...
The same back panel that was on Ebay, I got it. So, since I get the same result, I'm thinking it somewhere on the cpu or a fuse somewhere. I'm out til about monday, but hopefully next week it will be solved.
p2h

PreviousNext

Return to ProBox