Change font size   Print view

Don't Want to be confused...

Discussion board for ProBox users

Don't Want to be confused...

Postby p2h » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:21 pm

Hey Munk, sorry about all the questions, but I just read that the probox can basically "override" the system error 43 on the OS side from a previous answer you gave; so, is that possible in most cases where it's just the OS that causing the problem? Everything on my board suggests that it "wants" to work but...if you remember, I don't have GUI control and haven't narrowed that problem down yet. I would love for the probox to take care of that since your worked with a CPU? I just need some clarification before I have to wait on the next probox to be built, thanks.
p2h

Re: Don't Want to be confused...

Postby munkustrap » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:09 pm

Hi
Error 43 means that you get no communication between
D8b console and CPU. Its hard to say what causes the Problem. It could be the CPU, cable or in the d8b.
As the d8b shows the error, the brainboard has the basic function.

If you have a Windows pc and if you are able to make a
Small serial cable i can give you my debug program.
This program is able to send the data. So you can check
Your console.
munkustrap

Postby p2h » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:27 am

Well Munk, I would be willing to try your program; I turned the d8b on and had a video screen that read with the same error as before "verifying data pool"---ok, rebooted a couple of times, same thing. Ok, I re-checked the bios for the 300 MB and I switched just the power cable from the floppy to the CF adaptor, no video screen....re-hook everything as before, no video screen. So, now I'm really stuck, thinking that everything decided to quit at the same time...whatever you suggest :oops:
p2h

Postby munkustrap » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:06 am

two questions:
Do you have a windows PC with serial interface (USB to serial is also ok)?
Do you have somebody that can solder a serial cable for you.

if you can answer both questions with yes, then I can give you a windows program where you can check your console without
Mackie CPU (but with Mackie PSU).

best regards
Ralph
munkustrap

Postby p2h » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:57 pm

I believe I can answer "yes" to both questions; the program will tell me what's wrong and where, correct? Thanks for the good service of just humanity Munk! I guess I'll have to wait on the next batch and see what happens til then, Thanks again.
p2h

Postby munkustrap » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:53 pm

I send you PM.
munkustrap

Postby topdiggy2 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:07 am

Hello:

Munk, can you also send me that debug program. I have another board i want to see whats going with it.

Thanks
topdiggy2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby p2h » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:24 pm

Ok, we'll I'm back to where I started from--for whatever reason the d8b's bios needed to be changed again??? I hadn't figured out how it wasn't seeing the CF card, but resetting the bios after so many tries and it's loading the software--3.0; ok I'm still missing my faders...what can I do now?
p2h

Postby topdiggy2 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:24 pm

When you say you are missing faders....do you mean it boots up into the OS and you can see the mixer screen, but, moving the faders on the console doesn't move the faders on the screen?

What about connecting a audio source to any input...are you able to get sound in/out of the board? If not, do you see the channel LED move?

What about the the other buttons on the console. are you able to turn the assigns/select vpot knobs and see responses on the board (not the cpu) but the board...?

If so, i know your problem!!!
topdiggy2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby p2h » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:07 am

Top, you KNOW my problem!! No, I can't do ANY of those things... it will boot to the OS, faders don't move unless I use the mouse-led's don't move w/o the mouse, etc---so, is it the rail caps or something more manageable??? :!: :roll: :roll:
I hope it's a simple fix.....thnx
p2h

Next

Return to ProBox