Change font size   Print view

ProBox First Impressions

Discussion board for ProBox users

ProBox First Impressions

Postby mixingmusic » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:26 pm

Cubase 7.5 64 Bit

I've only had this for a couple a days and my first impression would be I'm amazed to see this as a Plug and Play
with minimal programing for operation of the ProBox....... Very easy software loading without crashing! Ralph did his homework before letting the ProBox Project out of the bag ..
I already use Central Station but being able to use the Mackie D8B for Headphones/ Playback or for talk back in the Recording rooms is a plus and it works perfect for that.. I'm already using it for playback in the other rooms...Nice!

As I use it more I will report more!

MIXINGMUSIC............... :D
mixingmusic

Re: ProBox First Impressions

Postby munkustrap » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:33 pm

Thanks mixingmusic

maybe a small comment on the control room. The d8b volume controls are digital controlled amplifiers. So you do not loose Audio Quality regarding bit Resolution.

best regards
Ralph
munkustrap

Postby Bezze » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi all,

I use the probox with a macbook pro retina running maverick and it works perfectly.

Great job Munk!
Bezze

Postby munkustrap » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:53 pm

Thanks Bezze
munkustrap

Postby Ged » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:09 pm

First things first... I have one thing to say about Ralph and Probox..WOW! I purchased my d8b with the power supply built-in (no cpu) and d8bridge included. Probox just takes away all the hassle! No midi yoke etc. I just plugged it in and set up my daw (Ableton) and I now have a massive 24 channel USB MCU Pro! Thank you Ralph for such a great product and to anyone hesitating buying Probox...dont hesitate! Buy it! You will not be disappointed!
Ged

Postby mixingmusic » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:36 am

Nice Ged ....................................................... :D
mixingmusic

Postby munkustrap » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:58 am

Thank you Ged !
munkustrap

Postby Badbass780 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:36 pm

I am elated to have his ProBox, It is worth every penny. Its made a dream come true that I've been having for over four years. And the shipping was simply incredible; from Austria to Chicago in 4 days? How does that happen?! :!: I bought a DB25 serial switch for $8 and another $3 6-foot cable to switch back and forth between the brain and the ProBox (after shutting down). Well-constructed, lightweight, and sturdy. Setup couldn't have been easier (read the docs first)! The overloads are kind of annoying, but they can be very useful an they really don't bother me. monitoring section works great for my setup too, maybe more fittingly than the Mackie setup.

I don't wanna throw words around like perfect, but when you're getting nearly everything you wanted, it feels that way. Thank you again, Ralph. Job well done.

Here's a little sample of what I'm doing with it.
https://soundcloud.com/dondre-soul/not-forever
Badbass780

Postby neto117 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:30 am

I received the PROBOX yesterday, it took 8 days to Houston TX. Pretty impressive.
Installation is very easy, aside from assigning the ports to your particular DAW, (I'm using SONAR X3e) its pretty much plug and play. So far all the functions I tried on the control surface work fine. I have tested all of the functions described in the manual on the audio side and work fine Except the (NEAR FIELD and MAIN outs are inverted) and havent been able to get audio from the MIC 1-12 which the manual says INPUTs Can be accessed analogue via Insert Out.
Overall I'm impressed with the simplicity of installation, functionality and being able to use some of the audio functions of the board such as talk back mic headphone feeds etc..

Regards,
Ernesto
D8B 5.1, PROBOX, Tascam FW-1804 & US-1800, Scarlett 18i20 Audio Interfaces, Win10 PRO, AMD PhenII X6 3.3 GHz, 16gb Ram, SONAR Platinum, Five 1tb HDs One for OS & Progs Four Mirrored in 2 Vols for Audio & Video files and a 60G SSD.
neto117

Postby munkustrap » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:35 am

Hey guys
Thank you very much For your feedback.

The inverted monitor outputs will be fixed in the next version.

In 1-2 weeks
munkustrap

Return to ProBox