Change font size   Print view

Reaper, Pro Box and the d8b.

Discussion board for ProBox users

Re: Reaper, Pro Box and the d8b.

Postby munkustrap » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:30 am

winburn1 wrote:Yes I run Reaper and d8b bridge and it's bankable 40 plus tracks! Although I must admit that it is confusing with track counts that high! The error 34 or 43 (can't remember which one it is) is some type of system error which will not let the board boot up! But The bridge bypasses all that and allows one to use it as a controller! Is that possible with pro box.

Its 43. That pops up after about 20 seconds When no firmware is transmitted.
Mainly this is on a defect /configuration of the CPU.
D8bridge and probox solves this.
munkustrap

Postby munkustrap » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:37 am

bitSync wrote:
munkustrap wrote:You run d8bridge with reaper in 24 channel?
I guess that works because the d8bridge is a 3x MCU
And Not a MCU + 2XT.

I run Sonar X3e with D8Bridge v1.1 and have the MCU controller setup inside Sonar as 1 MCU and 2 XTs, but I remember seeing the D8Bridge MCU startup MIDI exchange (using MIDI-OX sniffer) Sonar asserting 1 MCU and 2 XTs consistent with its configuration (different Model IDs in the 3 SysEx messages (F0 00 00 66) - 10, 11 and 11) but D8Bridge ignoring that assertion from Sonar and always coming back with 3 MCU SysEx replies (10, 10, 10), one of the dozens of troubleshooting bug reports I provided to BluAudio. I never got a straight answer about whether D8Bridge was supposed to be setup as 3 MCUs or 1 MCU and 2 XTs; there are conflicts in the documentation. But it looks like D8Bridge is invariably declaring 3 MCUs based on the SysEx Model ID field.

Thats exactly what i think. The probox is a 1mcu and 2 xt thing. But its possible to add a selection in the setup if you want to have 3 mcu or 1 mcu and 2 xt. Just a simple Firmware Update. Can be done by the user.
munkustrap

Postby bitSync » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:35 pm

munkustrap wrote:...The probox is a 1mcu and 2 xt thing. But its possible to add a selection in the setup if you want to have 3 mcu or 1 mcu and 2 xt. Just a simple Firmware Update. Can be done by the user.

Sounds like that would be very useful feature for the Reaper crowd using Klinke's software.

I'm very interested in your ProBox but I'm kinda sitting on the fence at the moment having had a less than stellar experience with another d8b MCU/serial translator. I'm anxiously watching the user response to the ProBox experience. Looks like mixingmusic is pretty happy :) .
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby munkustrap » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:15 pm

If the d8bridge passes by the error then the probox can also do that.
Its technical the same.
munkustrap

Postby munkustrap » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:19 pm

Lets wait for the result from the first user that i will support.
munkustrap

Postby Recording Drummer » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:07 pm

Ok, good idea! Have not heard from Klinke yet.

BTW. In your opinion Ralph, I have a perfectly good 3.1 Mackie d8b that I use at least 4 times a week so I'm pretty hands on as a mixer and a pseudo controller using the midi map and Reaper.

I really have not tried the HUI route and the Bomes Translator because I can not get 5.1 to work on my mixer. I love the idea because a click of a button I'm controlling my DAWS.

Is this ever going to be possible with your product and good working boards? And if not, how would you think I can get the best out of a working Mackie and your product?

Thx!

RD
Recording Drummer

Postby munkustrap » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:34 am

Hi
Its not possible to change between mixer and controller/probox with a button press. You have to Boot the whole System if you want to change.

The reason is very simple.
- the probox uses a hacked Version of the Mackie brain unit firmware. This is not compatible with the normal one.
- Meterbridge commands are sent internal from dsp board
To the brainboard. Additional these commands are sent by
The probox. Your Meterbridge will go crazy.

Only way would be a new development of a probox that emulates the old Mackie CPU. But i dont want to take this
Job. Tool much time consuming.

Best regards
munkustrap

Postby Guido » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi Ralph,

The error 43 means the console cannot load host.

And as far as hui...if u don't have the true hui docs(took me 7 years to find em..he he)....I could send them to u.http://www.ssei-online.de/HUI.pdf

BTW Ralph, I think I even have the hui extender docs in the form of midi docs for an old surf called motor mate. If u already have these, sorry to bother u. If u need em I'll send em.

Your product looks delicious!!! But I need my audio section of d8b.

To my knowledge, klinkes untested mod of his reaper extension that supports multiple units,is an MCU, but with midi translator pro I could easily convert the midi messages necessary.

Guido
Guido

Postby munkustrap » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:14 pm

Hi
please PM me then HUI extesion protocol. would be wonderful!!!
munkustrap

Postby Guido » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:02 am

http://www.cmlabs.net/MotorMix%20V%201. ... 20pkg3.pdf

Hi Ralph...

This is the docs. I believe its the extenders docs is because a user who had one used it as an extender in her 16 fader setup with protools..which as we knoiw, is hui.

I hope u find it use full.

Guido

PS I looking for the supplemental text files there were for theagemans PDF..will send when I find em. I used his info to turn my hui(d8b) into an MCU with bomes.
Guido

PreviousNext

Return to ProBox