Change font size   Print view

Issue/bug report thread

Discussion board for ProBox users

Issue/bug report thread

Postby munkustrap » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:35 pm

Hi
as the first few boxes are on it's way, I want to open a (hopefully not much needed) issue/bug thread.
I want to collect reported issues/bugs in only one source (here).

if you have problems on your probox, please contact me first, as mainly these problems can be solved with support and are no bugs.
Real bugs will be posted here.

thanks
Ralph/Munk
munkustrap

Re: Issue/bug report thread

Postby munkustrap » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:26 am

PROBOX PART: Generic Controller
ISSUE: Main Meter Bridge fails after 10 minutes
DAW: Cubase 7.5
FOUND: by Mixingmusic
PRIORITY: LOW

DESCRIPTION:
as the MCU protocol doesn't support a Main/Master Meterbridge, this feature was implemented on the generic controller function on USB port 0 of the probox. The Main Meterbridge can be set by the controller commands 117,118,119,120 and a value from 0-127. On cubase the Stereo Out channel shifts with each track that is added/removed. Therefore the Meterbridge function can fail, when a channel is added/removed.
At the moment it is unclear if that happend during Mixinmusics work (it seems so that only Plugins were removed)

IMPACT:
main meterbridge not working propaply. No Impact to all other functions and channel meterbridge still working perfect.

FIRST TRIAL:
I changed the Main meterbridge from the Main Stereo Out to the Control Room Output which always stays the same for every project and is not affected by adding/removing tracks. This will be for sure an improvement, as you can now use one setup for all projects.
If it fixes mixingmusics reported observations we will see.

NOTE: The Main Meter Bridge Feature is a generic controller feature and not part of the MCU/XT protocol.
That means: On CUBASE you can use this feature.
OTHER DAW Software I DONT KNOW, Your Daw has to support a feature where you can configure your own controller
commands and must have a controller feature to access the Main Meter of your daw.

FIX:
I changed the meter from Stereo to the control room Output. Then shift of channels doesn't Impact Main meter Bridge. So far I had no issues for the last 20 hours of mixdown (Windows, Cubase 6). Please email me if something Pops up again. The I will reactivate this report
munkustrap

Postby munkustrap » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:03 am

PROBOX PART: Control Room
ISSUE: Main Speakers and Nearfield Output swapped
DAW: Cubase
FOUND: by BlastaBlasta
PRIORITY: MEDIUM

DESCRIPTION:
If the Main Monitors are selected, the audio goes out on the nearfield connectors and vice versa.

IMPACT:
less impact because ist possible to connect the main speakers on the nerafield connectors and the nearfield monitors on the main connectors. Then the Buttons "match". Thats not nice, therefore it will be fixed in the next Version. But its a possibility to Setup your console that it seems to be working as it should.

NOTE:

FIX: will be done in Version 1.01.14 and upwards
munkustrap

Postby munkustrap » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:00 am

PROBOX PART: Fader Movement
ISSUE: DAW cannot control Faders once they are moved
DAW: MCU/HUI protocol
FOUND: Munk
PRIORITY: HIGH

DESCRIPTION:
I observed that not all faders are put to zero when closing a project in cubase. Also These faders are not updated to the true value when opening a Project again afterwards. The affected faders seems to be randomly.
I figured out that this happens only on faders that are touched by the user during a session. This locks in the code the fader receive procedure for this channel.

IMPACT:
Volume jumps when moving such a fader 8as it stands on a different Position as the volume is set.
Not a big joy to work with that.

NOTE:

FIX: V2.01.09
munkustrap

Postby munkustrap » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:43 am

PROBOX PART: MTC display
ISSUE: on HUI protocol MTC Displays is messed up when assigning plugins
DAW: only HUI protocol
FOUND: Testuser

DESCRIPTION:
Every time the 80x2 Display is updated (on HUI only when plugins are assigned), the MTC Display Displays strange numbers. So there is some link between these two SYSEX commands that has to be fixed.
!! This happens only when plugins are selected and assigned while playing a song !!!

IMPACT:
MTC Display cannot be used in this case. To recover the Display it has to be switched to display Samples and then back to MTC or whatever (stop song before doing that)

NOTE:

FIX: 2.01.12
munkustrap

Postby munkustrap » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:02 pm

PROBOX PART: Fader
ISSUE: Fader is set always to Zero if channel rec is pressed or track is inserted (less than 24 channels)
DAW: REAPER
FOUND: shredless
PRIORITY: HIGH

DESCRIPTION:
It seems so that Reaper forces all unused channel faders to Zero when there is a rec. button press or channel insert

IMPACT:

NOTE:

FIX: 2.01.13 (released)
munkustrap

Postby munkustrap » Tue May 05, 2015 8:38 am

PROBOX PART: Fader
ISSUE: some Faders doesn't go to Zero in HUI when closing a Project.
DAW: Protools
FOUND:

DESCRIPTION:
When a Project is closed in PT the faders are set to Zero by PT (sending the command for that). But all Faders that were touched during the session are remaining in their Position.

IMPACT:
Not a big Impact. It's a cosmetic issue

NOTE:

FIX: 2.01.17
munkustrap

Postby munkustrap » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:52 am

PROBOX PART: HUI mode d8b Display and d8b MTC display
ISSUE: d8b Display and MTC Display doesnt work
DAW: on HUI protocol
FOUND: Vincent, Kristian

DESCRIPTION:
When ctl-room of the probox is configured to generic in HUI mode the Display and the MTC Display doesn't work.

IMPACT:
No Impact, as generic Controller cannot be used in Protools, so there the probox should be configured for ctl-room to d8b instead of generic. All other DAWs can be used with Mackie/Logic protocol were the issue doesn't appear.

NOTE:
Till Firmware update please use the ctl-room d8b instead of generic if you use the HUI protocol

FIX: 2.01.18
munkustrap

Postby munkustrap » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:46 am

PROBOX PART: LOGIC Meterbridge
ISSUE: d8b Meterbridge doesn't clip
DAW: on LOGIC protocol with Logic X (but maybe also on older Versions)
FOUND: Ralph, Adi

DESCRIPTION:
The Meterbridge in Logic X isn't the best as Logic sends always the exponential meterbridge commands instead of the configured (exponential/linear). But I figured out that it is not possible to make the meterbridge Clip on Logic X.

IMPACT:
clipping not seen on DAW controller

NOTE:
It seems so that this is only a Logic X issue and can be fixed by using the Mackie protocol instead of logic protocol

FIX: not planned so far. If anybody observes an issue with no clipping on probox with Logic 9 or earlier please email me!
munkustrap

Return to ProBox