Change font size   Print view

My Last Hope

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

My Last Hope

Postby dirtdadon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:17 am

Hi guys.
I'm new to the forum. I love my d8b, my faithful companion in the studio for 6 years, but for the past 3 months my "baby" has been sitting in a corner (electronic's graveyard) collecting dust, It now freezes after 30 mins. (a common occurence from what I understand being that the board is kinda old). My question is could a still use d8bridge-would the software be able to overwrite this somehow? I really don't need the audio capabilities any more since my interface (Focusrite Liquid Saffire) has enough inputs to handle the bands that I record. I just need "my baby" back.

Thanks in advance for any insight,

Dirtdadon
dirtdadon

Re: My Last Hope

Postby bitSync » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:45 pm

dirtdadon wrote:Hi guys.
I'm new to the forum. I love my d8b, my faithful companion in the studio for 6 years, but for the past 3 months my "baby" has been sitting in a corner (electronic's graveyard) collecting dust, It now freezes after 30 mins. (a common occurence from what I understand being that the board is kinda old). My question is could a still use d8bridge-would the software be able to overwrite this somehow? I really don't need the audio capabilities any more since my interface (Focusrite Liquid Saffire) has enough inputs to handle the bands that I record. I just need "my baby" back.

Thanks in advance for any insight,

Dirtdadon

@Dirtdadon,

Welcome!

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "freezes", but the d8b board's audio functions do not need to be working to take advantage of the D8Bridge control surface software. The board needs to be responsive to serial control messages ordinarily going between the CPU and the board, even if the audio's not working; this is the interface emulated by D8Bridge. Faders should move and LEDs should illuminate. If you still have the normal interaction going between the d8b GUI and the console surface controls and indicators, that's a good sign for continued functionality as a D8Bridge control surface. This would mean that the console is still responsive to the serial messages that D8Bridge would be sending and receiving.

You might want to check the d8b forum on this site also for advice on the console's current operating condition (the 30-minute freeze). There's a ton of information on there and excellent user support. Be sure to also check out the d8b DATABASE link above. Good luck!
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: My Last Hope

Postby dirtdadon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:16 pm

bitSync,
Thanks for the info. I think d8bridge is a wonderful idea and the purchase would (I think) be a lot less expensive than trying to repair the board since I really just want to use it as a control surface anyway.
Again, thanks and God Bless.
dirtdadon

Return to D8Bridge Forum