Change font size   Print view

Correct me if I am wrong

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Correct me if I am wrong

Postby djrezinfingerz » Mon May 06, 2013 3:01 pm

With d8b bridge does it permanently disable audio i/o.

In a near perfect world I was Hoping that with Bridge you could switch back to normal if you wanted to use i/o.

What i want to be able to do is record to daw via the d8b, then switch to d8bridge to use as a surface in between start ups.

Plus will bridge be available on mac any time soon?

Cheers
djrezinfingerz

Re: Correct me if I am wrong

Postby bitSync » Mon May 06, 2013 7:32 pm

djrezinfingerz wrote:With d8b bridge does it permanently disable audio i/o.

In a near perfect world I was Hoping that with Bridge you could switch back to normal if you wanted to use i/o.

What i want to be able to do is record to daw via the d8b, then switch to d8bridge to use as a surface in between start ups.

Cheers

@djrezinfingerz,

You're not wrong, if by "permanently" you mean up until when the d8b is booted in normal mode again. The loss of the board's audio capabilities with D8Bridge v1.1 lasts only until the d8b is rebooted in its native mode. I use a serial A/B switch (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=696) to first boot up the d8b in native mode, then switch to the D8Bridge serial interface to re-initialize with D8Bridge. This sounds like what you're describing.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby djrezinfingerz » Thu May 09, 2013 2:20 am

Cool idea with switch box.

I pretty much wanna hook my gear up to the back of d8b, record tape out via lightpipe into a Daw via lightpipe interface.

All I want to do is use the d8b pre amps and ins to daw. Then once its in daw, edit via d8b bridge.

I have no need atm for my UFX cards etc and my HDR 96/24 so really won't be using the o.s much anymore.

If i can get this working on mac one day it will be awesome and will be purchasing d8bridge.

Cheers for the info bit sync
djrezinfingerz

Postby bitSync » Thu May 09, 2013 4:39 am

@djrezinfingerz,

No worries. But just to be perfectly clear, by "no audio" I am meaning there is no control of the audio path using the d8b while D8Bridge has control of the board. However, in the future, it may very well be possible to switch between D8Bridge DAW mode and d8b native mode almost like changing native d8b layers. There are some creative folks on the board looking at this possibility right now. Cheers.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to D8Bridge Forum