Change font size   Print view

New thread for elperroromel [Please re-title]

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

New thread for elperroromel [Please re-title]

Postby elperroromel » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:58 pm

I got tired from waiting d8bridge 2.0... I just tried to boot from a backup disk on vmware and it wont boot,It gets stuck loading something,It seems it lacks some config or the original machine cards/ports emulation,.. I have the d8b, and the cpu, so I will try to connect my laptop between the "console control data" cable using 2 serial to usb adapters , on from the cpu to my laptop, an one from my laptop to the console, and connect the dsp serial port directly from the cpu to the console (eventually i could put another 2 serial to usb between them just for reading the info sent, but for now i wish the sound section work normally) this way I can use a software that sends from cpu to console and viceversa, and this way the d8b can boot and function normally, with audio and all, but with the difference that i could "sniff" the information in the "control" serial port, and maybe detect buttons and faders activations, or maybe detecting a combination of buttons pressed and prevent normal comunication so that the "control" port is connected console<->laptop, instead of console<->cpu , entering "mcu control mode" (or maybe linking that port to a virtual serial port and use marc's software), but keeping the audio functions working, because the dsp serial port would be always connected...
I will try to make that cable, if someone wants to help me or something, please send me a message...

P.S. sorry for my bad english... it's not my native language... :?
elperroromel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to D8Bridge Forum