Change font size   Print view

Mackie 5.1 Update Site Down

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Mackie 5.1 Update Site Down

Postby Midirose » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:12 am

I purchased the 5.1 update 3 weeks ago. The night I purchased you are supposed to get a immediate Authorization via email. I received nothing in 2 days so I called Loud Technologies about the problem. They stated that the database is down and they are working feverously to get it back up. i asked if they could give me a manual authorization and they stated they could not. They asked me to give them a week to 10 days to get the database back on line and send my authorization. I gave them about 15 days before I called back. The database is still not up. I spoke with a manager who said they are very close to getting the database up and offered me a refund but I told him I don't want my money back I want a authorization and would give them 2 weeks again only. Grrrrrrrr!!
Midirose

Re: Mackie 5.1 Update Site Down

Postby bitSync » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:43 am

What you are describing is the opposite of customer service. Incredibly frustrating, I'm sure. Hope they get their act together soon and you get your license.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Midirose » Thu May 02, 2013 3:12 am

Yeah Bitsync, Good customer service would have had a warning on the site stating that the License's were down and you would not receive a authorization in a timely manner. Not give me nothing and say nothing until I call them 2 days later and then they say oh it's down sorry. That's the BS part of this. I understand that they can be down but this gets an "F" for customer care.
Midirose

Postby Axeman098 » Wed May 15, 2013 6:12 pm

Sounds about typical for Mackie. The only company with Customer support worse than them is Tascam... which is why I won't buy anything new from either company....they just don't care. With Mackie, the D8B is so ancient, it wouldn't surprise me if it went down for good. There's absolutely no legitimate reason they couldn't give you an Authorization over the phone, other than, they just don't want to fool with the hassle of it. Frankly, I am surprised they even offered you a refund. I mean, you're buying the update because you own a D8B. Where ELSE do they think you're going to go to get it???? If you own a D8B, and have already forked over the money, where ELSE do they think yer gonna go?? But it doesn't really surprise me that it's not a priority for them at this point.

As for Tascam, their support in a word SUCKS. I used to have a FW1884 interface. Bought it brand new and LOVED it....until, I had to call for tech support.....No one from Tascam EVER returned my emails or phone calls. I finally got an engineer from the company that designed and built the FW-1884 FOR Tascam to call me back after hours to fix the problem. No one from Tascam EVER spoke to or contacted me. I haven't used a Tascam product since....
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Axeman098 » Thu May 16, 2013 9:40 pm

And don't even get me started on the Tascam US-2400. Another product that should have, and could have been amazing, but poor build quality and even poorer service seal it's fate. Fantastic when it worked, utter rubbish when it didn't...
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Midirose » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:15 am

Hey guys it has been 9 weeks now since I paid my money to Loud Technologies (Mackie) for my 5.1 upgrade and they are still sorry they don't have a authorization for me. Does anyone know of another way I can get 5.1 because seems pretty obvious to me that they have no intentions of getting it running again? It is a legacy product and has been down for at least 9 weeks and possibly much longer. Can anyone help a brother who tried to do the right thing?
Midirose

Postby bitSync » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:36 am

@Midirose,

Please check your PMs.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Midirose » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:07 am

Loud Technologies comes thru after 10 weeks of me waiting for my 5.1 authorization. They finally gave me my authorization. And to make up for the long long wait they gave me freely with me having to ask the unlock codes for all the D8b effects and plugins. So I have to officially rebuke any negative comments I may have said about them previously....LOL I'm happy now.
Midirose

Postby bitSync » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:44 am

@Midirose,

Good news. Interestingly, today Mackie replied to my email request to share my d8b v5.1 license with you given your difficulty getting the license you paid for. Glad it all worked out.
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RonnR » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:15 am

Just spent the last couple of weeks going thru this as well. The code they sent me wont unlock my d8b.

The software that generates the code only generates 1 code for eack d8b system id #. They said the computer that
generates the codes had been 50/50 on giving working codes, and that lately it doesnt give any unlock codes that will work.

They called me today, and said that they were going to refund my money's, I assured them that I would be willing to wait. But they all but said that they wouldn't be spending to much time on it in the future. What are we to do.
Surely the original programers had a universal unlock code... One that doesnt require a d8b sin.
I'm more than willing to pay. Thought I would try here, maybe somebody knows something..

MiidiRose, looks like you may be the last..
RonnR

Next

Return to D8Bridge Forum