Change font size   Print view

I'm Back! (Finally!)

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: I'm Back! (Finally!)

Postby djrezinfingerz » Thu May 30, 2013 11:22 am

I am not holding my breathe on protools or a bridge for mac, just got this mixer and love it to bits, but want bridge bad so I am thinking I will go to a pc tower and hope that Ableton and Fl studio work with the protocols in bridge. Anyone had any experience with these 2 daws i mentioned with bridge?
djrezinfingerz

Postby mixntrax » Fri May 31, 2013 4:03 pm

Welcome back Marc!! Those of us holding our breath for PT support are turning very "blu" in the cheeks ;)
mixntrax

Postby BrianJ » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:58 am

Hey Marc!Do you have an update for us yet???
BrianJ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby frama78 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:10 am

any news? :oops:
frama78

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:31 pm

Yes, sorry, I've been busy mixing at various studios lately. I'm looking for ways to integrate D8Bridge with LoopMIDI these days. You see, MidiYoke works wonders but it 32bit DAW compatible only. Things have evolved in two years and I need to move to the 64bit platform now as most newer computers are loaded with 8gigs of RAM or more.

I've found a way to "auto-configure" LoopMIDI with the correct ports. So, that means that there wouldn't be two programs to configure anymore (and possible confusion). You'd like D8Bridge and boom, it would create the correct LoopMIDI ports and ready to rock. The only you'd need to do is configure your DAW, like you'd do with any normal DAW controller.

I'd like to include Ethernet support as well as HUI support. I've found HUI docs, looks good. I'm also considering acquiring a real MCU for reverse engineering the protocol. I do have all the details on paper but nothing is like having the real deal and looking at the output codes! :)

I've received tons of email asking for a Mac version. I've tried my best to find a solution but the MIDI stack on OS X is so different that I might need to do a complete rewrite of D8Bridge, lots of work... Not impossible but not in the radar for now.

That's the news right now, I'll keep you guys updated more often from now on. Post a new video or something! :P

Cheers,
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby RustyNotes » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:40 pm

Thank you Marc for not giving up on us!!

Quick question.. I like how you're able to controll the EQ with the board in Cubase. Is there any way to do it in Studio One 2 as well? I know you can use Studio ones "midi learn", but it forgets once you close down the plugin :( I know you don't use Studio One.. but there might be a way if you made D8Bridge more like a Mackie controller, cuz i guess that they can controll studio one better then our emulated one can.

Really looking forward to the update!!
RustyNotes

trouble with installing d8bridge

Postby studioox34 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:38 am

I'm trying to install d8bridge but I'm getting error message, d8b is to big to load in memory. I'm on windows 7 with 2GB of memory
studioox34

Previous

Return to D8Bridge Forum