Change font size   Print view

Sonar X2/X2a x64 D8Bridge v1.1 Users

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Sonar X2/X2a x64 D8Bridge v1.1 Users

Postby bitSync » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:58 pm

Who on this forum is using Sonar X2 x64 or X2a x64 with D8Bridge v1.1? Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not post. I'd like to be able to discuss D8Bridge v1.1 operations and issues with other Sonar X2/X2a x64 users. Thanks!
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Sonar X2/X2a x64 D8Bridge v1.1 Users

Postby Axeman098 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:50 pm

I'm using Sonar X2a, but I have not yet purchased D8Bridge. I'm a bit concerned as it seems we haven't had a solid informational update from Marc in a while. I'm prepared to order, but I really wanted to know what's going on with development past v1.1 Some of the Ethernet connected appliance and Linux stuff he was hinting at is really exciting, but it seems like he has some stuff going on in his personal life, and work, and hasn't been on here as much as he used to. Not a deal breaker per se, but I would like a bit more info on where things stand development-wise before I commit to a $350 expenditure. I'd also like to know what's going on with the Sonar Button issues before I purchase....
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Sonar X2/X2a x64 D8Bridge v1.1 Users

Postby bitSync » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:23 pm

@Axeman098,

Things have gotten very quiet from BluAudio. I don't really know what to expect in terms of future support, one of the reasons I'm trying to ID the other folks using Sonar X2/X2a with D8Bridge, so I can collaborate with them on issues and solutions.

I have a few issues with D8Bridge v1.1 I'd like to see resolved and I'm getting to the point where my personal investment (beyond the not insignificant $350) in these resolutions is substantial.

• I've been developing a Perl script to parse out the MIDI-OX captured traffic between Sonar and D8Bridge so I can get a better idea of what's going on
  • I've invested in a Bome MIDI Translator license to try to correct what appear to be improperly constructed MIDI messages
  • I've scoured the Internet for whatever data I can find related to the Mackie Control protocol and its siblings (HUI and Logic Control)
  • I've tried just about every configuration scenario I can think of apart from shedding LoopBE30 and trying LoopMIDI
  • I've uninstalled and reinstalled Sonar X2a on more than one occasion
  • I've compiled a fairly comprehensive list of bugs and enhancements I've provided to Marc for his use
  • I've solicited feedback from MCU users on the Sonar X1/X2 forum trying to correlate X2a behaviors with native MCU and D8Bridge

But the only thing I hear from BluAudio is a promise that these things will get looked at; I have no idea when.

About the only thing left to do I haven't done is to get hold of an MCU and two XTs and document the entirey of the MIDI exchange and compare it with D8Bridge's. The next step after that would be to parse out the serial messages from the console, fire up Visual C++ and build my own freakin' translator. But this, of course, is what I paid someone else $350 for.

The amount of time I've put into troubleshooting D8Bridge to try to get the full promised functionality is just silly. I'm a really patient guy but this is extremely frustrating. I see we've now lost trendwho from the D8Bridge family, who was trying to integrate D8Bridge with StudioOne and has understandably bailed in frustration. I saw his d8b for sale on eBay the other day.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and ample opportunity to make good, but right now, I'm not really feeling the BluAudio love.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to D8Bridge Forum