Change font size   Print view

I AM SO FRUSTRATED !!!!! AND NOT HAPPY

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: I AM SO FRUSTRATED !!!!! AND NOT HAPPY

Postby trendwho » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:31 am

It was the REC buttons when you record arm on any track it disables the LED but what did you think about not being able to control VST plugins like I mentioned in the video this was one of my main reason for getting d8bridge also what about the fader flip function it seems like there's still a few wrinkles that need to be ironed out. however I really don't have time to sit and wait on a solution this is my profession this is how I make my money and I am losing a lot of time and money I have projects that need to be mixed and not being able to use my d8b like I had hoped is really a bummer.
trendwho

Postby bitSync » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:13 am

trendwho wrote:It was the REC buttons when you record arm on any track it disables the LED but what did you think about not being able to control VST plugins like I mentioned in the video this was one of my main reason for getting d8bridge also what about the fader flip function it seems like there's still a few wrinkles that need to be ironed out. however I really don't have time to sit and wait on a solution this is my profession this is how I make my money and I am losing a lot of time and money I have projects that need to be mixed and not being able to use my d8b like I had hoped is really a bummer.

@trendwho,

I understand your frustration. I think if I were in your shoes, trying to make a living with recording, and my stuff wasn't working, I would also be not happy. For me, music and recording is a *very* serious interest, but not my livelihood. And even so, I am disappointed that I'm spending so much of my time troubleshooting something that should have worked as advertised when I spent the hundreds of dollars to buy it (I do also have the same gripe with some big name software developers, by the way). For me, I'm just trying to gather enough information to provide to the developers so that when they can resolve some of these things they will have as much information as possible to support that work. I guess I've made a choice to hang in there with D8Bridge for now and to hope for some solutions in the near future. I don't know what to tell you. If you're really losing time and money, you have a more pressing choice to make than I do.

I think D8Bridge was principally developed with Steinberg Nuendo, so that's probably the best DAW/D8Bridge integration instance out there. In my case, for example, I know BluAudio doesn't even have a license for the Sonar version I'm using, so they'd be hard pressed to confirm interoperability issues until they buy a license to test with. Because D8Bridge is so tight with Nuendo, I think D8Bridge's ability to control Nuendo VSTs is probably the best case scenario. Other DAWs may integrate D8Bridge VST operations to lesser degrees. Also, I've seen on the Sonar X2 board where actual MCU users are having issues with the MCU controlling the more esoteric features such as the full pro channel, VSTs, etc. So there's not only the issue of how well the D8Bridge emulates the MCU and XT, there's the issue of how well the DAW software abides by the Mackie Control specification, shared by Mackie only by licensing agreement with vendors approved by Mackie. It is a challenge, to say the least, to write an interface-compliant application when you don't have access to the interface specification.

I'll have to experiment with fader flip in my rig to see if its only the first MCU emulator working. It's a feature I don't use often and sometimes I'm in the single digit tracks anyway. When I can check it out on my setup I'll get you a report.

Last night I did find something in the D8Bridge MIDI initialization with Sonar X2a that concerns me and I sent a note to Marc about it today. Right now I'm going to create a SysEx re-mapping with Bome Translator and plug it inline with the D8Bridge/Sonar X2a comms to see if I can persuade the initialization to produce a better result (substituting 2 D8Bridge MIDI messages with what I think they should be). The anomally I found would come to bear on any DAW/D8Bridge integration, with possibly varying degrees of impact.

Here's a weird thought I had. I'm surprised that we haven't heard reports like yours from other StudioOne v2.5 users of D8Bridge; you'd think they'd have the same problems. When I was agonizing over my initial integration of D8Bridge with Sonar 8.5.3, I got to the point where I started suspecting the cable pinout in the custom serial cable was possibly miswired. If you're handy with a multimeter, you can do a continuity test on your cable to make sure it's wired up OK.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also, be sure when starting up d8bridge.exe that there are no other instances of d8bridge.exe running; check using your Windows Task Manager. I can't tell you how many times that nailed me when I was trying to get things setup correctly.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bitSync » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:13 pm

@trendwho,

Any improvements? Fixes?
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bitSync » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:08 am

@trendwho,

I looked into fader flip and its working on all 3 MCUs for me.
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby trendwho » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:58 am

@bitsync Wow thats crazy no luck for me im about to sell my board with d8bridge the board came from Full Sail university so it was well taken care of its a pretty rare find considering theres no telling who used it when it was there so if you know anyone who is intrested let me know
trendwho

Postby trendwho » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:59 am

What else works for you xan you cintrol plugins
trendwho

Postby RustyNotes » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:44 pm

I'm running Windows 8 X64, Studio One 2.5 X64 and D8Bridge X32. It works. But I have the same problem with the meter bridge. All the meters are stuck at max when I boot up Studio One. Very weird.. You actually have to use them (put an audio track on there or something) to make it go away.
RustyNotes

Previous

Return to D8Bridge Forum