Change font size   Print view

I AM SO FRUSTRATED !!!!! AND NOT HAPPY

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

I AM SO FRUSTRATED !!!!! AND NOT HAPPY

Postby trendwho » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:39 am

I just recently purchased d8Bridge . I did finally receive my cable about 3 days ago. keep in mind my D8B is a very good and functioning d8b I've never had any issues with it the board came from Full Sail university so I know is very well taken care of. so I followed all of the instructions to the T I downloaded midi yoke and set up everything like it is listed in the instructions I then turned on my d8b and then ran the test LED mode everything lit up just like it was supposed to. I then opened my DAW which is preSonus Studio One V2.5 my system is a Windows 7 64bit with 16gb or ram but I only use a 32-bit version of Studio One. when I open studio one I did all of the mappings just like the PDF listed them...2 extenders and one mcu pro I've then grouped them just like they were listed. from there I open up a blank session and created 32 mono inputs. and low and behold all the faders rose. the transport works but all of the other key mappings do not work whatsoever its like everything is in a different language with Studio One. even when I call up a EQ or compressor I can't even change it at all this is very frustrating the LED's meter bridge always get stuck nothing seems to work right I spent a lot of money on this and I would hope that everything was going to be working but I guess not . it kinda sucks that there was only a mapping of how to hook it up but no tutorial guide on how to actually map it with different softwares. I will be making a YouTube video so you can see exactly what I'm talking about because this makes no sense at all it seems to work on all of the videos on youtube but gosh I can't even get it to work for nothing and it is very frustrating nothing is lined up nothing is my mapped right none of the buttons work like they're supposed to I need you alls help asap and if possible I would like if somine would show me some type of way to sort this issue out help because it is very frustrating I would even be looking forward to doing a Skype call if need be please help me
trendwho

Re: I AM SO FRUSTRATED !!!!! AND NOT HAPPY

Postby Axeman098 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:08 pm

Deep Breath.....you have a large community of users here that have a LOT of experience with D8Bridge, no worries. It will get worked out. I don't use Studio One, so I can be of little help in this particular instance, but there are plenty of others on here that are far more experienced. It sounds like you have established at least "partial" communication, but something may not be configured correctly. There's always someone around to help eventually, so just hang tight, and someone will help you figure it out. Go back through the steps, and make sure you didn't miss anything, especially on the I/O config and MIDI setup. One thing for sure, there are PLENTY of helpful people in here that can help you save the day! Just hang in there! :)
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bitSync » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:42 pm

Axeman098 wrote:Deep Breath.....you have a large community of users here that have a LOT of experience with D8Bridge, no worries. It will get worked out. I don't use Studio One, so I can be of little help in this particular instance, but there are plenty of others on here that are far more experienced. It sounds like you have established at least "partial" communication, but something may not be configured correctly. There's always someone around to help eventually, so just hang tight, and someone will help you figure it out. Go back through the steps, and make sure you didn't miss anything, especially on the I/O config and MIDI setup. One thing for sure, there are PLENTY of helpful people in here that can help you save the day! Just hang in there! :)

+1. We will try to help. Keep us posted on your progress.

My first suggestion, right out of the chute, if you're running the 64 bit version of D8Bridge, don't. Make sure you're running d8bridge.exe. See if that helps.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby trendwho » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:44 am

like I said in the beginning I have done everything right I am going to upload a YouTube video first thing tomorrow so you guys can see exactly what kinds of problems I am having it seems like nothing works nothing at all I mean I can turn volume up on faders and see the LEDs on the meterbridge but I can do that with my mouse
trendwho

Postby bitSync » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:21 pm

trendwho wrote:like I said in the beginning I have done everything right I am going to upload a YouTube video first thing tomorrow so you guys can see exactly what kinds of problems I am having it seems like nothing works nothing at all I mean I can turn volume up on faders and see the LEDs on the meterbridge but I can do that with my mouse

OK... so you're absolutely positive you're using the d8bridge.exe 32 bit executable and not the 64 bit executable? If you could please confirm which executable you're using that will be a helpful step. Thanks.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby trendwho » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Yes i only use the 32bit exe
trendwho

Postby bitSync » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:15 pm

trendwho wrote:Yes i only use the 32bit exe

OK. You're using the 32 bit d8bridge.exe. That's a good start. So we know the following -
    Win7 x64
    Presonus Studio One V2.5 x32 (just curious why not x64?)
    d8bridge.exe x32

Please supply any information you may have about the following -
    The type of serial/USB converter you are using
    USB COM port configuration
    The MIDI loopback software you are using (MIDI-Yoke, LoopBE, etc.)
    The configuration of your MIDI loopback software
    The MIDI port mapping in D8Bridge
    The MIDI port mapping in your DAW
    Your procedure for configuring the MCU control surface in your DAW

This information will be very helpful, and if you do decide to post a video, that may also be helpful.
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Marc Girard » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:29 pm

We're here to help, any news on this matter? If you take a look at the setup instructions, the last pages are the details on how to setup D8Bridge with StudioOne. You've probably already seen it, just making sure. Please post the details of your installation and we'll figure it out, I have many StudioOne happy users.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby trendwho » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:47 pm

Below is a video response to the issues I am having

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjp-VeO ... ata_player
trendwho

Postby bitSync » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:29 am

trendwho wrote:Below is a video response to the issues I am having

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjp-VeO ... ata_player

Thanks for posting the video. That's a lot of information and I'll have to watch it a few more times to absorb it all.

I noticed when you were clicking a few buttons above the vPots that the formerly pegged LED meters went dark on whichever channels you had clicked. Do you recall what button click darkens the meters? Do the meters revert to pegged again if you deselect whatever buttons those were?

I'll stop back here again once I've looked at your video post a couple more times and had a chance to take it all in.

It would be great to hear from some of the other D8Bridge/StudioOne v2.5 users to know if they are experiencing some of the same issues or if it's just you.
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to D8Bridge Forum