Change font size   Print view

Very Rare D8B

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Very Rare D8B

Postby trendwho » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:19 am

I purchased a D8B about a week ago and got it for a really good deal. When I was talking with the seller about it he said that he bought it while back but never used it. I asked him if he knew where it had originated from he said no, all he wanted to do was get rid of it because he didn't know how to use it. so I drove two hours away to inspect it and hopefully and finally get my hands on a d8b. Upon inspection I didn't notice anything that was broken or any damages. All of the serial numbers and product numbers seem to be intact, it was dark so I really couldn't see that well but it was good enough for me to buy, so I packed it up and headed home. when I got to my studio and put the D8B on a counter I noticed another barcode on the back of it, and to my surprise I found out that the board had actually come from Full Sail University. now I'm like holy crap this can't be true but Indeed it actually was. It was like hitting the jackpot. "but for those who are like okay a board that came from Full Sail what's the big deal". the big deal is anybody could've touched this board a song that you just listen to about 5 minutes ago could've been mixed by a student who went to Full Sail, who knows, the possibilities are endless. anybody in their right mind would know that this board is a gold mine. it is also a rare piece of history well mine is at least I mean come on how many of you out there have a board that came from Full Sail? Not many I dont think. But I truly feel very lucky to have found this
trendwho

Re: Very Rare D8B

Postby bitSync » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:04 am

Very cool. Congrats on the new acquisition.

I'm about to pick up a second d8b myself but mine probably won't be as well educated as yours! ;-)
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to D8Bridge Forum