Change font size   Print view

Some d8bridge questions

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Some d8bridge questions

Postby roxxuz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:37 pm

I have used d8bridge a while now and am very happy with the product. But there are still some buttons that I do not know what they are doing. It says nothing about them in the picture on this page either. I also wonder why, for example, save feature is not on the save button on the D8B but instead on another button? I also wonder if it is possible to assign "unused" buttons to new features in cubase. For example talkback button. Can you get it functioning as a talkback function with the control room mixer in Cubase etc?
roxxuz

Re: Some d8bridge questions

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:55 pm

Hello there,

I've been asked this question many times. It's not that I don't want to add the option, but the problem lies elsewhere. Each DAW implements their own MCU button mappings (hence the lexan overlays that Mackie gives away with each MCU sold). So, if I "hardwire" the SAVE button to Cubase, it'll probably be something else for, say, Cakewalk. Buttons are just switch messages sent to the DAW and each manufacturer decide what function is attached to it.

Another way to do it would be to have a flexible configuration in D8Bridge itself. We could add some sort of "Select DAW" option and it would automatically remap the D8B buttons to your preferred DAW. The only problem that I see here is development time. That would require having ALL supported DAW installed and tested, for EACH button... That would take forever!

I'll give it some more thinking and we'll see what might come out of this!

Cheers,
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby roxxuz » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:00 pm

Ok, I see.
But is there any chance for me to use a button to the TalkBack feature in Cubase?
roxxuz

Postby Marc Girard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:13 am

Yes, you can map any F keys (F1-F8) or User A/B switches to the Talkback button in the remote control config page of the Macke Control page in Nuendo / Cubase.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Return to D8Bridge Forum