Change font size   Print view

Have a few questions about D8B and bridge...

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Have a few questions about D8B and bridge...

Postby BrianJ » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:52 am

Hello all! I have some questions about the D8B and the bridge. I'm running a Windows 7 64-bit pc, and I've been looking for a control surface/interface that could be had for a resonable amount of money when I found the D8Bbridge software on ebay. I've been researching here since and am still unclear on a few things...

1. I'm looking for one control surface that will work with various programs, reaper, cubase, etc.etc. It's my understanding that D8B can do this...are there any limitations to having multiple DAW programs installed and using the D8B to control all of them individually?

2. I haven't bought a D8B yet, and I know with the early version of D8Bridge you don't need a complete system (at least I think...?). I'd like to ALSO use the D8B as an audio interface into the DAW...is this possible? Would I still need another external audio interface to get the individual input channels into the DAW?

3. With question 2 in mind...and if the D8B can be used as my interface, then what all do I need to get it connected to the windows 7 64-bit PC? What cards NEED to be included in the D8B to make this happen? I'll need to know this so I know what to look for in a D8B when purchasing. I'm assuming the onboard effects and plug-in cards aren't really necessary because I'll have all types of efx and plugins within the DAW itself...but what DO I need?

Thank you for your time!

Brian
BrianJ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Have a few questions about D8B and bridge...

Postby deanoh » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi Brian,

Q1. Read in d8bridge forum a little bit more to get your answers regarding DAW programs; it’s not such a huge forum. Also here, http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge/index.html

Q2. When you use d8bridge V1.1, you cannot use the audio facilities of d8b so, your d8b will work as a control surface only. Read here, viewtopic.php?f=6&t=634 as this might be what you are looking for (both control surface & audio interface).

Q3. You’ve answered this one yourself regarding fx/plugin cards (although there are some really good ones for d8b), you just need a plain d8b with 5.1 OS installed but depending on the way you’re planning to use it, you might need the Apogee card or other audio IN/OUT digital cards. Best to ask your question to the d8b forum instead of d8bridge one.

Regards,
deanoh
deanoh

Return to D8Bridge Forum