Change font size   Print view

D8Bridge & Reason 6

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

D8Bridge & Reason 6

Postby forestgadlin » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:53 am

Does Anyone have a working configuration for Reason 6 and the D8Bridge? I have tried multiple configurations and none seems to work correctly. First let me start by saying I am using Windows 7 64 Bit. I loaded the midiyoke and the D8Bridge sees the ports but when I open reason the ports are not there. So I loaded the loopMIDI was able to setup up the mackie controls but the best I could get is 16 ch. the other 8ch mirrored the first 8 ch. I even tried mackie with extender and then adding another extender but I am not able to get the for 24 ch working independently. So if anyone has a working configuration with reason6 please shed some light on what I am doing wrong!

Thanks in advance
forestgadlin

Re: D8Bridge & Reason 6

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:18 am

Hello there,

I don't have Reason v6, but I do have version 5. The maximum channels supported by Reason 5 is 16 channels. I configured my Reason using the "Mackie Combo, Extender Left" config profile. Here's how my port are configured:

- Name: Mackie Combo, Extender Left

- Control Input: In from MIDI Yoke: 1
- Extender Input: In from MIDI Yoke: 3
- Control Output: Out from MIDI Yoke: 2
- Extender Output: In from MIDI Yoke: 4

I hope this helps. Good luck.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby forestgadlin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:50 pm

Thanks Marc
That helps a lot .... now I understand why I can only use two out of three control banks. Is there any way to use all three? I tried to edit the remote map for the mackie control and the combo extender for reason to allow channels 17-24 but I could not get it to work any ideas to get 24 channels working?
forestgadlin

Postby Casey_Pittman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:23 pm

Marc Girard wrote:The maximum channels supported by Reason 5 is 16 channels.

It's gonna be a software issue with reason. Nothing you can trick your way into with the d8bridge. If reason doesn't support more than 16 then that's it. They would have to make the change to the software at this point.

-Casey
d8b V3 into RME HDSP 9652 with Cubase 7.5
Casey_Pittman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby forestgadlin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:54 pm

Thank's Bro I thought that might be the case but I was hoping someone was able to find a work around... I guess 16 channels it is.... you can hook multiple controllers up but anything after 16 channels they just replicate one of the two banks. So I guess 16 is better than 0 :D
forestgadlin

Postby Marc Girard » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:51 am

Hello again! :)

May I suggest using Cubase/Nuendo with Rewire? Why you may ask? Well, you'd have your full 24 channels available to you, plus the ability to mix and use VST plugins and Rewire works pretty good in Cubase/Nuendo/Reason. That would "fix" your problem and give you lots of possibilities! :)
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby forestgadlin » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Thanks Marc,

I suppose that might be a good work around but I stepped away from cubase 10 years ago LOL.... most of my friends still use it tho... the ULTIMATE would be the release of 2.0 since I have a Pro Tools HD environment :D So I am like many waiting patiently for the release. BTW any updated news you can share about the 2.0 release and time tables would be much appreciated. :D
forestgadlin

Return to D8Bridge Forum