Change font size   Print view

D8Bridge version 2.0 - Phase 1...

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: D8Bridge version 2.0 - Phase 1...

Postby elperroromel » Thu May 02, 2013 5:55 pm

Hey here are 3 videos I uploaded from my yesterday tests,

The first shows how I was able to read the data from the console and the CPU, in my browser, like, if I move a fader on the console, it send that data to the CPU, and the data sent appears on the textarea in the browser, and if I move a fader from the CPU screen with the mouse, the CPU sends that data to the Console and that data appears in the other textarea in my browser, I have two inputs below the textarea where I cand send data to the serial ports, If you look, I send "00FFf" to the console port, and the 1st channel fader updates position to max level, If I send "0000f" it goes down to lowest level, If i send something at the middle like "0055ff" it goes to the middle, and If I send the same info to the other port input, It updates the fader level in the CPU screen.

2nd VIDEO shows how I was able to redirect the console data to two different ports depending on a selection, one port is connected to the d8b CPU, and the other to a virtual port (maybe here could be d8bridge connected) you can see the data sent changes from one textarea to the corresponding port,

And the last Video shows that when I select to redirect to the second port, It also sends Messages to a MIDI port!! ( I found a Javascript MIDI Library called midiBridge) well, not all messages, only one I translated (the REC button from channel 2 ) , so If I select the CPU port, and press the REC button in the console, the CPU shows the REC button flashing in the screen, but If I redirect to the second port, It detects the data from that button press and sends the MCU equivalent code to arm that track in my DAW via MIDI!!!

I will try to program that in a language like C++, I found some libraries to work with Serial Ports, and with MIDI devices, that apparently are cross-plattform, I wil try to make a more usable solution, (Javascript is working well but I think it will work too slow )

hope someone interested, and If someone wants the code or connections made in detail let me know so I can share that info,

elperroromel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby elperroromel » Thu May 02, 2013 6:47 pm

only If d8brige could work with original console firmware it would be easy to switch from d8bridge to mackie CPU, (all audio working)
elperroromel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bitSync » Thu May 02, 2013 6:48 pm

elperroromel wrote:...And the last Video shows that when I select to redirect to the second port, It also sends Messages to a MIDI port!! ( I found a Javascript MIDI Library called midiBridge) well, not all messages, only one I translated (the REC button from channel 2 ) ...

@elperroromel,

Does the Channel 2 REC/RDY button serial message look anything like this?

Code: Select all
0x5E
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby elperroromel » Thu May 02, 2013 7:19 pm

bitSync wrote:
elperroromel wrote:...And the last Video shows that when I select to redirect to the second port, It also sends Messages to a MIDI port!! ( I found a Javascript MIDI Library called midiBridge) well, not all messages, only one I translated (the REC button from channel 2 ) ...

@elperroromel,

Does the Channel 2 REC/RDY button serial message look anything like this?

Code: Select all
0x5E

yes , Its like "05Es" "05Eu" , I think "s" and "u" is like "pressed" and "released" or something, you can see that code in the video, but its in the middle of "oklklk" or something similar that the console keeps sending continously, and the Mackie CPU is continously responding "C0o" or something
elperroromel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby deanoh » Sat May 04, 2013 6:40 pm

@ Administrators,

This thread is taking a different approach (open source) than the OP (Marc) intended to present here, so a re-arrangement around 20 posts back onwards, I think it would be appropriate.

Regards,

deanoh
deanoh

Postby elperroromel » Sat May 04, 2013 8:01 pm

deanoh wrote:
This thread is taking a different approach (open source) than the OP (Marc) intended to present here, so a re-arrangement around 20 posts back onwards, I think it would be appropriate.

Regards,

deanoh

Hey, Marc already said "Its a free world" in previous posts, I don't pretend to sell my work, I only think we would have faster results If more people could actually work on the development of a working solution, I inttended to buy d8bridge but then I saw there was no support or response from anyone since like a year ago, and I think Its fair to try to make it work, an try to share the d8b knowledge for the sake of the community, after all, thats was why the forums were made, Im not sharing anything hidden, all the information was already there, and anyone with a little knowledge of computers and programming could have found it before me, If Marc would not wanted anyone to try to research, then he would have deleted all the documentation and schemattics from this site,

And too, It's not only Marc's work, the already said previously reverse engineered a communication protocol that already was there and was work o Mackie developers, I respect Marc's work and he has made an awesome work with all this, but if he hasn't enough time to keep this improving, I think it's fair if more people want to contibute to this,

I hope we could make an agreement to this situation, afterall, the Internet is free, and if all this get deleted, I always could put this information in other forums, and eventually people interested will find it easily, If some one interested simply could search "elperro romel d8b" on youtube and will find me easily

Regards.
elperroromel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby deanoh » Sat May 04, 2013 8:16 pm

Hi elperroromel,

You’ve read what I wrote the wrong way. I’m asking the administrator to give you your own thread, NOT TO DELETE YOUR POSTS. It’s confusing for the readers to read how Marc started this thread and how the subject goes. I never said anything about respect or anything else about hidden, free, selling, support, etc. All I said was to separate the two subjects from, Marc (Marc’s selling) and you (elperroromel’s open source), in two different threads.

I hope it’s clear now and I’m sorry if my words did sound to you misunderstood,

Regards,

deanoh
deanoh

Postby elperroromel » Sat May 04, 2013 9:11 pm

deanoh wrote:Hi elperroromel,

You’ve read what I wrote the wrong way. I’m asking the administrator to give you your own thread, NOT TO DELETE YOUR POSTS. It’s confusing for the readers to read how Marc started this thread and how the subject goes. I never said anything about respect or anything else about hidden, free, selling, support, etc. All I said was to separate the two subjects from, Marc (Marc’s selling) and you (elperroromel’s open source), in two different threads.

I hope it’s clear now and I’m sorry if my words did sound to you misunderstood,

Regards,

deanoh

Oh, that's just what I understood, sorry then for all this mess, and then ys, I missunderstood yout words, sorry for that, then I will try not to post my stuff here in this thread anymore and start a new thread ,

Regards
elperroromel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby deanoh » Sat May 04, 2013 10:25 pm

That’s fine elperroromel, not a problem,

Maybe allow one or two days until site admin takes a look or if you can’t wait just open a new thread. It’s up to you.

Regards,

deanoh
deanoh

Postby bitSync » Sat May 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Although I've made some contributions to the redirection of this thread, I do agree that these most recent posts would be better suited in a thread dedicated to the newer discussion vector. Has anyone put this new thread idea to Peter or are we just waiting for him to notice and jump in?
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to D8Bridge Forum