Change font size   Print view

D8Bridge version 2.0 - Phase 1...

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: D8Bridge version 2.0 - Phase 1...

Postby RustyNotes » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:29 pm

Have the devs gone bye-bye? The have stop responding, spot with the news updates on D8Bridge-site, they don't answer any emails from me (d8bridge@gmail.com). This isn't what i would call support. I really don't wanna pay $350 to some strangers when they even can't answer some emails.. hmm..
RustyNotes

Postby Axeman098 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 pm

Well, I know Marc stays pretty busy and has some things going on in his personal life at the moment. The D8Bridge is not the only thing he does, however I too am growing a tad concerned, as I have not seen much lately, and I would like to know more on the status of the latest update BEFORE I purchase the D8Bridge. $350 isn't a "huge" sum for what it allows you to do, but it IS a big enough sum that I'd like a little more info and know that there is SOME type of regularly accessable support aside from the general community once I do.

I am also a Sonar X2 User, so before I purchase the D8Bridge, I'd like to know more about what is going on with the Track Select Button issue....
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RustyNotes » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:44 am

Axeman098 wrote:Well, I know Marc stays pretty busy and has some things going on in his personal life at the moment. The D8Bridge is not the only thing he does, however I too am growing a tad concerned, as I have not seen much lately, and I would like to know more on the status of the latest update BEFORE I purchase the D8Bridge. $350 isn't a "huge" sum for what it allows you to do, but it IS a big enough sum that I'd like a little more info and know that there is SOME type of regularly accessable support aside from the general community once I do.

I am also a Sonar X2 User, so before I purchase the D8Bridge, I'd like to know more about what is going on with the Track Select Button issue....

Well i use studio one. But i also own cubase and logic so i can work with that if i have to. I think im going to order anyway next monday. I just hope that the delivery isnt like 3 weeks.
RustyNotes

Postby Axeman098 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Well, I am waiting on a Tax return check to take the D8Bridge plunge, but more importantly, I want to know more about the next update. I fully understand Marc having other things going on in his personal life, lord knows I do too, but I'm hoping to see a significant status update at some point BEFORE spending the $. I like many of the ideas and things he has proposed, especially the Linux, Ethernet connectivity, and Mac options, but right now I am primarily a Cakewalk Sonar X2 user, so I am also concerned with some of the Track Select Button and template memory issues that seem to be appearing with X2. I just really want to him from Marc himself as to what's going on with the latest updates and the Sonar issue specifically. The X2 issue seems to be a result of something in the Mackie MCU protocol implimentation in the new DAW version, but that alone is not a deal breaker. Having no direct hands on experience with it yet, I cannot say for sure how or even if the Track Select Button issue would be a problem for me personally, so I wouldn't hold my purchase based on that alone, but I DO want to hear more about what's coming.
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bitSync » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:56 pm

Axeman098 wrote:Well, I am waiting on a Tax return check to take the D8Bridge plunge, but more importantly, I want to know more about the next update. I fully understand Marc having other things going on in his personal life, lord knows I do too, but I'm hoping to see a significant status update at some point BEFORE spending the $. I like many of the ideas and things he has proposed, especially the Linux, Ethernet connectivity, and Mac options, but right now I am primarily a Cakewalk Sonar X2 user, so I am also concerned with some of the Track Select Button and template memory issues that seem to be appearing with X2. I just really want to him from Marc himself as to what's going on with the latest updates and the Sonar issue specifically. The X2 issue seems to be a result of something in the Mackie MCU protocol implimentation in the new DAW version, but that alone is not a deal breaker. Having no direct hands on experience with it yet, I cannot say for sure how or even if the Track Select Button issue would be a problem for me personally, so I wouldn't hold my purchase based on that alone, but I DO want to hear more about what's coming.

@Axeman098,

I too would like to hear more about expected D8Bridge developments, etc. I can't speak to Marc's personal circumstances or the resources available to the BluAudio enterprise, but I hope that we'll hear more as soon as information about these developments becomes available.

With respect to D8Bridge and Sonar X2a, I would have to characterize my personal experience with the match-up as a very high level of integration, not complete, but very high. In my X2a/D8Bridge integrated control surface environment I have the following functioning capabilities: faders, mute, solo, pan, rec/ready, track level LEDs, jog/shuttle, fader flip, full VFD display implementation, full SMPTE/MBT display implementation, and a handful of other things. There are a few things that do not work, track select being the most egregious to me, but I still have a mouse to make that happen. It may be premature to attribute the MCU issues to Sonar X2a but I've seen indicators in my own experience and on the Sonar X2 forum that D8Bridge is not alone in its various MCU issues with Sonar X2a.

I kinda knew getting into D8Bridge that I'd be relying on essentially a one-man shop. BluAudio is basically a couple of very creative guys in the basement with a compiler, a d8b, and a really, really good idea. For my part, I'm trying to collect enough diagnsotics and support information for both Cakewalk and BluAudio to use in transforming this very high level of functionality in X2a/D8Bridge v1.1 to just ridiculously awesome in X2b/D8Bridge v1.2! In the mean time, your decision about D8Bridge might take into account both the current level of achievable integration with Sonar X2a and the inherent fragility of reliance on a micro company, not that the big companies give you any guarantees. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but despite my current integration status, I'm generally pleased with the level of X2a/D8Bridge functionality. Good luck!
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Axeman098 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:29 pm

Well, for me it's really an affordability issue. I prefer to do business with smaller companies, because I support small business, locally or otherwise, because I run one too. Since I haven't yet had the first hand experience with D8Bridge's capabilities, anything for me at this point would be an awesome improvement. I'm not worried about what I'm geting for my money, and your experience with X2a is quite reassuring that I should be able to finally enjoy the luxury of my D8B. :) I'll deal with the track select button issue once I get there ;)
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby LiranC » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:42 am

With all respect and credit due to Marc and his team, I really think for some of the reasons stated above this should be released to the open source community.

I'm a big contributor and believer in the open-source model, especially when it comes to projects of these type.

That would ensure continuous support, and expansion of this project. We always heard 2 heads are better than one, well how about millions of heads are better than one?

And I'm that others, such as myself, would be MORE THAN willing to donate to the original creator.

Just my 2 cents as I'd love to put my old d8b to use.
LiranC

Postby Axeman098 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:05 pm

Well, I don't think you'll see that any time soon, as that would require Marc giving up primary control and source of income from the hard work he has done already. I would certainly agree that more people involved would help speed development, but since Marc has done most of the Blood sweat and tears work himself, I'd fully understand reluctance to do this. That said, I think something needs to happen, at least for informational purposes. I'm fully prepared to purchase the D8Bridge, but not until there is a solid update, or information on current development status, and issues pertaining to specific DAW's (Sonar X2 Track Select button issues).

I fully understand personal issues and just "life in general" problems, but I cannot realistically make a $350 purchase for a product, when all is silence and the crickets are chirping. I NEED more to go on before I commit to this product, as it seemed everything was moving right along, then something changed, and we hardly ever hear anything anymore.....
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Mr.Fonic » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:14 am

If u speak italian, mail me.
PC 4core 3.8 Windows 11, Mackie d8b 5.1 OS, Mackie HDR24/96, Motu 2408mk3, t.c. electronic Finalizer 96k and M2000, Roland A-880, Behringer T1953 and DSP8024, Fostex 8 track tape, TC-HELICON voiceworks plus, Alesis AI-1, Yamaha MSP-5, Waves 13
Mr.Fonic

Postby elperroromel » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:52 pm

sorry, just english and spanish, I already bought the cables and the usb/serial connectors, I will try some tests this weekend , hope my d8b doesn't get burned :shock:
elperroromel
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to D8Bridge Forum