Change font size   Print view

D8Bridge version 2.0 - Phase 1...

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: D8Bridge version 2.0 - Phase 1...

Postby deanoh » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:00 am

Hi Mark,

What you’re saying here implies that is possible in any way to do the following?

1. If ever, the other Mark (Marknexus) or anyone else, completes a detailed guide how he runs his D8B with an internal (onboard) PSU, for everything (DSP/Audio boards as well), then…
2. We can use any PC that can run Linux together with D8Bridge 2.0
3. We can use a data cable (special one maybe) to connect/communicate the Linux PC to D8B desk
4. We can get rid of the ugly, noisy, rotten, filthy… Mackie D8B Power Supply

True or not?

Regards,

deanoh
deanoh

Postby Badbass780 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:52 pm

We're happy to hear from you Marc. If you released a v1.5 that worked on Macs like is in the video, I would snatch that up just the same. Keep doing your thing here, and keep in touch. You have our full support on all of your awesome work!
Badbass780

Postby Extrageration » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:49 am

Marc,

I have to echo some of the other users comments. I'm more that willing to wait for the additional functionality moving to a Linux OS will bring, but would LOVE a Mac friendly update to tie me over.

I've been using the d8bridge on my PC but have moved to Mac in the last year. Love it!
Can't wait to move the last piece of my setup (d8bridge) over to the Mac!

MJ
Extrageration

Postby madehumble » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Hey, Marc, I am with a lot of guys. We need a Mac version as quick as possible. But at the same time I think you should bring out the 2.0 with all the features, like Protools support, Mac support and network Support, instead of a interim 1.5. I rather have all the great features than a few. Can't wait for it to finally get here.
madehumble

Postby Axeman098 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:34 pm

Any tangible update on v1.5/2.0? I should be ordering my D8Bridge within the next 30-60 days. Can't wait to finally put my D8B to functional use. Mac support would be a cool addition, but I am VERY interested in the Ethernet solution, as well as the Audio I/O. Thank you for all your hard work Marc. Your legion of fans is growing every day! :)
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby trendwho » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:48 am

I have been looking for posts about users who use Presonus Studio One with D8Bridge im plan on buying a D8B console next week but I need to know if D8Bridge is 100% compatable with with Studio one and if its not what functions dont work
trendwho

Postby trendwho » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:49 am

I have been looking for posts about users who use Presonus Studio One with D8Bridge im plan on buying a D8B console next week but I need to know if D8Bridge is 100% compatable with with Studio one and if its not what functions dont work
trendwho

Postby djrezinfingerz » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:06 pm

you, go marc, a true genius. I just bought a d8b. I used to use one 8 years ago at a SAE college and fell in love. found one online with a hdr 24/96 for 1500.
I cannot wait to start using this and hopefully with 2.0bridge for mac with the use of audio. fingers crossed. my wallet will be waiting for this. hallelujah
djrezinfingerz

Postby trendwho » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:53 am

Will this version finaly have protools support? I am hoping so in my honest opinion this should have been one of the top focus points of the development because so many people use protools and I dont know how sales are but surely having Protools and Mac support off the bat would have been a more complete solution. Again this is only an opinion im nobody important
trendwho

Postby felix » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:29 pm

So Ive been following this thread for a while and was curious when this version 2 update is supposed to come out. I used to use version 1.1 all the time until i had to upgrade to PT HD for mac and lost support of the software. I really miss being able to use the d8b as a c24 and was hoping that this version 2 will be out soon, but I havent heard anything on a time frame so I was hoping that you could fill us in a little Marc on the progress of it. How soon do you think the new version will be available?

Anyways keep of the good work Marc and I cant wait to hear what you have to say about the new version!
felix

PreviousNext

Return to D8Bridge Forum