Change font size   Print view

Sony Acid Pro????

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Sony Acid Pro????

Postby drewdeabenderfer » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:07 am

Has anyone tried d8bridge with Sony Acid Pro 7? I just acquired a D8b about a week ago and I immediately thought about making it a control surface. I use Acid mainly, and though I have Nuendo and Sonar and Cubase, I prefer Acid (i know, I'm weird, to everyone that's probably blasphemy, lol.) If I know that d8bridge will work and be at least 90% stable with it than I will buy this in a heartbeat.

Also, as far as this cable is concerned, is it a db25 to db25, or is it to db9 or usb? Obviously I can adapt whatever to usb but have had issues in the past with certain serial to usb adapters not working reliably with certain software.

I have to give kudos to Marc and whoever else for making this happen, I know the time and energy involved to do things like this and i'm very glad to know that there are people in this world that still live by the old saying "where there's a will, there IS a way."

Thanks!
Drew
drewdeabenderfer

Re: Sony Acid Pro????

Postby drewdeabenderfer » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:15 am

drewdeabenderfer wrote:
Also, as far as this cable is concerned, is it a db25 to db25, or is it to db9 or usb? Obviously I can adapt whatever to usb but have had issues in the past with certain serial to usb adapters not working reliably with certain software.

Drew

Sorry, read thru most of the forums before i wrote this, but of course not the one that said hook up instructions, sorry.

Still need an answer on Acid though if anyone can help.

Thanks!
drewdeabenderfer

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Hello there,

I tested D8Bridge with Sony Vegas and it seemed to work fine. I'm released v1.1 real soon and I'll do the test with ACID. In theory, it should work fine! :)
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby drewdeabenderfer » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:30 pm

Thanks Marc, you are the man!!! Just curious, what are some of the new features of 1.1, and if I buy 1.0 now will I be able to upgrade to 1.1 at little to no cost? I only ask this because I'm dying to make this happen so I can finalize the layout of my studio and start making stuff again.
drewdeabenderfer

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:49 pm

drewdeabenderfer wrote:Thanks Marc, you are the man!!! Just curious, what are some of the new features of 1.1, and if I buy 1.0 now will I be able to upgrade to 1.1 at little to no cost? I only ask this because I'm dying to make this happen so I can finalize the layout of my studio and start making stuff again.

No worries, all 1.x versions will be available FOR FREE if you buy 1.0. There will be upgrade charges for D8Bridge 2.0 but, we're SO far away from that, I wouldn't loose sleep over it! :D
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Return to D8Bridge Forum