Change font size   Print view

Does the D8Bridge still allow you to record to your DAW?

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Does the D8Bridge still allow you to record to your DAW?

Postby felix » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:44 pm

With this program would I be able to use the 24 inputs and record straight to my DAW on my computer with the mackie and then be able to use the D8B as a control interface?
felix

Re: Does the D8Bridge still allow you to record to your DAW?

Postby eaygee » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Once your using the D8Bridge software the audio side of the D8b is inactive. It will just be a controller.. Which I love. My audio goes directly from 16 channels of mic pre's into my audio interface and I monitor through a 16 channel mixer and I use Mackie Big Knob for my speaker control. Your recordings will come out sounding way fatter because the D8b pre's and a/d convertors honestly are terrible.
eaygee

Postby Casey_Pittman » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:21 pm

No. At this point once you set the d8bridge up you have no control of audio passing through the mixer.

-Casey
d8b V3 into RME HDSP 9652 with Cubase 7.5
Casey_Pittman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby synthjoe » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:07 am

Maybe I misunderstood felix's question, but you should be able to do either one or the other at any given time. However, switching between the two functions is not impossible, albeit cumbersome.

So, if you mean 'can I track with the d8b into a DAW using the preamps and then use d8bridge to control the DAW during mixdown', then the answer is possibly: 'yes, but you have to shut down everything and reconnect cables between tracking and mixdown, cannot do both with the same configuration'. Reconnecting means swapping the serial data communications cable on the back of the desk (of course while in 'shutdown' state).

If you ask, however, whether it is possible to use the preamps while driving your DAW with d8bridge, then the answer is no, as stated already.
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to D8Bridge Forum