Change font size   Print view

Before I Buy?

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Before I Buy?

Postby Studioa » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:20 am

:D Hello all, this looks like its gonna be a great product, after Mackie let all D8B customers down. Anyway, I have a few ?s about this product.

1. I have 3 Adats lightpipe cards in my D8B and one RME 9652 card in my computer how would this connect to my DAW; which is Samplitude Pro X.

2. I have 1 wordclock in my D8B that i use to sync everything up in my studioa; how would I go about wordclock sync if the operating system is not used in the DB8

3. Can I still use the D8B Mics and Input jack to input voice and keyboards in my DAW?

Thank You
Studioa
Studioa

Re: Before I Buy?

Postby MOSHWITZ » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:02 am

Sup? :D

Studioa wrote::D Hello all, this looks like its gonna be a great product, after Mackie let all D8B customers down. Anyway, I have a few ?s about this product.

Thank You
Studioa

I can answer all that for you as I have the same setup D8B+ 3 Adat Optical cables into an RME 9652. But let me reorder them for you..

Studioa wrote:3. Can I still use the D8B Mics and Input jack to input voice and keyboards in my DAW?

As of right now,,,,,NO.

That question has been asked a number of times and is a subject of interest for a possible future version of the D8Bridge that is being looked into but cannot be guaranteed will ever happen and was not the initial intent of this undertaking,,,which is,,, The D8Bridge package transforms your D8B into a DAW control surface... That's it.

So far for me its working pretty darn good ;)

Studioa wrote:1. I have 3 Adats lightpipe cards in my D8B and one RME 9652 card in my computer how would this connect to my DAW; which is Samplitude Pro X.

You, Will need a new interface Pre. or small digital mixer of some sort. If you want to keep your RME doing the I/O,,, that something will have to have some Adat optical connections. or you can get something with an USB type I/O, or its own Pci card then Keep or do away with the RME.

On its own,, the only input you have left on the RME is the S/Pdif I/O and that is only gonna get you stereo I/O.

I'm currently using a bandmates RME MultifaceII and loving it, but another friend of mine brought over a Focusrite OctoPre MKII for me to use the other day and I think it sounds great. I might have pick one up soon.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/focusrite-octopre-mkii-8-channel-mic-preamp?source=3WWRWXGB

Studioa wrote:2. I have 1 wordclock in my D8B that i use to sync everything up in my studioa; how would I go about wordclock sync if the operating system is not used in the DB8

As nothing else is needed from the D8B but Marc's cable, to control the DAW,The D8B's clock card no longer has any bearing ,Just disconnect it, Let the RME 9652 Clock everything as the Master...It's a WAYYYYYY better clock than the D8B ever was. unless you have another favorite piece of gear you would rather set time,,, the RME's clock works great.

Hope that helps 8-)
MOSHON
DAVE

MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Before I Buy?

Postby Studioa » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:41 pm

:) Hi Moshon,

I would like to thank you for the quick reply to my questions. This was great information to me because, I was getting a little confused with all the things I may loose on my D8B mixer, for upgrading to this kit.

Thanks Again
Studioa
Studioa

Return to D8Bridge Forum