Change font size   Print view

HUI Development just started!

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: HUI Development just started!

Postby Axeman098 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:44 pm

Guido wrote:
Axeman098 wrote:Marc, I'm sure you have probably already seen this or something like it, but I came across this while doing some HUI research.

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.ph ... l_mappings

This is probably more of the same.....but I'll throw it in anyway.

http://home.comcast.net/~robbowers11/MCMap.htm

I fail to see why Mackie has to be so tight lipped with the HUI protocol. Seems everyone has the same issue. Mackie does not want to play ball and let anyone see it. How typically Mackie...sigh

Hi,

Man I dont know how to thank u enuff Axman!! That first post is the most complete and accurate Hui data doc i have ever seen..I am trembling with delight!!TyTyTyTY And thx to the original author theageman. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Been trying since 2007 to get my hands on this info,and just recently have made some big strides with solving the no midi learn from the d8b's buttons. see here....viewtopic.php?f=2&t=395#p4570

Nothing compared to the herculean efforts of Mr Khorus.^^

btw...i have seen that second doc a million times, and i dont know what box those commands came from...note #s for faders?...but it sure wasnt a hui.!^^

Well thx again, u just made my day....Edit..There is more at theageman's site..omg..the motherload!!!THX!!!

http://www.ssei-online.de/cms/?q=en/node/36

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAWWWWWW! Did I say THANKS?

Guido

I do what I can Guido, glad it helped. I was simply trying to help Marc move things forward. ;)
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Mickel » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:30 am

Doesn't the d8b already do HUI?

Postby bitSync » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Marc,

Have you considered fixing the broken stuff in v1.1 first for the v1.2 release, then adding support for the HUI protocol in the next build? I know the PT guys are anxious for HUI support, but those of us who bought your D8Bridge a year ago are more than anxious for it to work as advertised. Also, it's easier to get rid of bugs in a smaller code base, giving you a more stable baseline upon which you can add more functionality. I'm not discouraging you from adding another protocol, just encouraging you to get the original protocol right first.

By the way, the HUI reverse engineering by theageman is one of the best jobs out there I've seen.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Guido » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:18 pm

bitSync wrote:......

By the way, the HUI reverse engineering by theageman is one of the best jobs out there I've seen.

Amen.^^

btw per hui extender midi spec....the developers doc from the cm labs motor mix seems to be the hui extender protocol. I think this because an ex protools user had a 16 fader hui setup..with the motor mix as the extender..I could be wrong tho...below.

And ,if it can help, here is the LogicControl doc that is hard to find now.
Attachments
LogicHuiDocs.zip
(Array MiB) Downloaded 288 times
MotorMix%20V%201.2%20Developer%20pkg3.zip
(Array MiB) Downloaded 317 times
Last edited by Guido on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guido

Postby mixingmusic » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:27 pm

GREAT NEWS.....Marc!

Of course, it will be a free update for all of you who bought D8Bridge.

I am Happy, Happy, Happy! :D

It would be nice if you fixed 1.1 first.....It works pretty good in C7...Still a bit Buggy though....

As I said I finally got mine working in C7 64bit and I'm using in my Daily work flow......

It's cool to have my Controller back!

Thanks bitSync for all your help!

Cheers!

mixingmusic
mixingmusic

Previous

Return to D8Bridge Forum