Change font size   Print view

My cable came today..Woohooo :)

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

My cable came today..Woohooo :)

Postby MOSHWITZ » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:26 pm

Sup? :D

My cable came today Yeah :P ,,,,,,,,,My serial to usb on the other hand is not here yet,,,BOOOOO :evil:

But as soon as it is I'll be a Bad D8Bridge mixing Mofo.. :lol:
I'll Update as soon as it gets here.

Thanks Marc & Frank for making this happen.

MOSHON
DAVE
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: My cable came today..Woohooo :)

Postby Marc Girard » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:54 pm

Cool! Let us know how it works out for you! Thanks again for buying D8Bridge!

Cheers and merry Xmas!
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby MOSHWITZ » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:51 am

Sup?

Got the USB cable today and got it all hooked up. Gave it a short test in Cubase and........... hell yeah :P all the controls work as stated and the faders feel good too. It will take a little getting used to relearning what is what with the buttons and all but I'm sure it will be old hat after a little time.

(TIP) for those of you who haven't used some channels V-pots in some time give those a good spin back and forth a few times to freshen them up.

At first I went to adjust the EQ on a channel and the controls were a little jerky and didn't seem to cooperate and I was like :?: REALLY..... And I thought about it and I hadn't had the need to turn them in some time as I only track through the board and mix ITB,,so I gave them all a good twisting,,,and they work smooth as silk now. 8-)

All my LED's work with the test button,,but I have no Main L+R Master meters showing when the mix is running. Am I missing something simple?

I also tried to get it going in Sonar X1 real quick but couldn't get it to work. I have it setup just like the directions for Cubase, but It just says connecting in the control surface box in sonar. and gives me a midi feedback disabling port 5....But I have checked it and the setup looks right.

I can close it and reopen Cubase and off we go.

I'll have to check it out more tomorrow.

So far ..Kick ass...I'm smiling :D

MOSHON
DAVE
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Marc Girard » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:33 am

Hey Moshwitz!

Glad that you like your new re-purposed D8B! The Main L/R (Master) Meters are non-functional because the MCU protocol doesn't have any Mains! (SUCKS big time I say). I have some sort of a workaround for Cubase/Nuendo, but you have to change a generic MIDI controller value on every session that you run on your rig... So, I didn't have no choice but to leave it for now (until I found a permanent/workable solution).

You couldn't get SONAR to work correctly with it? Me neither! All other hosts I tested worked out fine, so I figured that must be me that's too incompetent to configure SONAR correctly and I left it aside. We might have a little compatibility problem with SONAR, I'll look into it tomorrow.

Cheers!
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby neto117 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:38 am

I received my cable yesterday and tried to configure Sonar X1 in Win7 PRO 64bit using loopmidi but was not able, I tried the test led button but only the first 12 channels light up and when I try to reset it doesn't reset.:( any suggestions? :? I will try again today.
D8B 5.1, PROBOX, Tascam FW-1804 & US-1800, Scarlett 18i20 Audio Interfaces, Win10 PRO, AMD PhenII X6 3.3 GHz, 16gb Ram, SONAR Platinum, Five 1tb HDs One for OS & Progs Four Mirrored in 2 Vols for Audio & Video files and a 60G SSD.
neto117

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:39 am

neto117 wrote:I received my cable yesterday and tried to configure Sonar X1 in Win7 PRO 64bit using loopmidi but was not able, I tried the test led button but only the first 12 channels light up and when I try to reset it doesn't reset.:( any suggestions? :? I will try again today.

Hmmmm, do you know if your D8B is in working order? Usually, the whole D8B lights up when you click on "Test D8B LEDs" button. The fact that only one half of the board lights up means that you might have a problem with the "Brain Board" of your D8B. When you do click on "Reset D8B", do you have some sort of read out on the VFD?

Looks like we have some sort of an init bug with Sonar/Cakewalk. It's the only DAW that ain't happy with D8Bridge. I thought it was my fault but it looks like it's not just me. I'll look into it first thing tomorrow morning, shouldn't be a big thing.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby MOSHWITZ » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:07 am

Sup?

Still a no go with Sonar X1-c

I have some weirdness in Reaper-4 ,,,where I am also getting a loopback error of Midi feedback on 5. I'm gonna uninstall and re-install Midi yoke and see if that helps.

and when I use the cursor Zoom knobs( headphone) the corresponding functions go into a repeating cycle.
I'm guessing it has something to do with the loopback on 5

But I noticed that in the control surface dialog, it has Mackie Control Universal and Mackie Control Extender. should it be configured 1 MCU + 2 MCE's or just 3 MCU's?

Either way for anyone using Reaper,, Make sure you set the offset for each controller by 8 ( C1=0 C2=8 C3=16 ) or you will get 3 mirrored controllers...it drove me batty at first cause I overlooked it :lol:

Just for ref. I'm running Win-7 64 on an AMD tri-core (have a hexcore in the box haven't got around to swapping it) with 16GB ram with RME HDSP96/52 card.

will report back

MOSHON
DAVE
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:25 am

Hey Moshwitz,

Here's what my Reaper 4.x config looked like the last time I checked it out (worked out fine):

- Mackie Control (dev 0,2)
Midi In: [In From Midi Yoke: 1]
Midi Out: [Out From Midi Yoke: 2]
Surface Offset (Tracks): 0
Size Tweak: 9

- Mackie Control Extended (dev 2,4)
Midi In: [In From Midi Yoke: 3]
Midi Out: [Out From Midi Yoke: 4]
Surface Offset (Tracks): 8

- Mackie Control Extended (dev 4,6)
Midi In: [In From Midi Yoke: 5]
Midi Out: [Out From Midi Yoke: 6]
Surface Offset (Tracks): 16

I'll have a look at the SONAR fix tomorrow morning, I'll let you guys know what's going on.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby MOSHWITZ » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:10 pm

Sup? 8-)
Marc Girard wrote:Here's what my Reaper 4.x config looked like

Yep, that is what I did too,,,,,,cool.

MOSHON
DAVE
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby neto117 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:18 pm

Marc Girard wrote:
Hmmmm, do you know if your D8B is in working order? Usually, the whole D8B lights up when you click on "Test D8B LEDs" button. The fact that only one half of the board lights up means that you might have a problem with the "Brain Board" of your D8B. When you do click on "Reset D8B", do you have some sort of read out on the VFD?

It was in working order last time I used it about a year ago...I disconnectedt the D8bridge and tried my old set up using my alesis HD24, everything lights up like is supposed to and everything works.
Connected the D8bridge again, click on the "Test D8B LEDs" button and still the same as before, the whole meter bridge including LR lights up but only channels 1-12 light . When I click on "Reset D8B" the VFD says is waiting for DAW to initialize.
I noticed that on my D8bridge panel I don,t have the FADER CALIBRATION option like the pic on the installation instructions.
D8B 5.1, PROBOX, Tascam FW-1804 & US-1800, Scarlett 18i20 Audio Interfaces, Win10 PRO, AMD PhenII X6 3.3 GHz, 16gb Ram, SONAR Platinum, Five 1tb HDs One for OS & Progs Four Mirrored in 2 Vols for Audio & Video files and a 60G SSD.
neto117

Next

Return to D8Bridge Forum