Change font size   Print view

My cable came today..Woohooo :)

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: My cable came today..Woohooo :)

Postby Marc Girard » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:43 am

Red Carpet wrote:but it keeps sending midi impulses and it says error in d8b software i am at home right now downloading the file again from my email adres maybe a faulty download i go back to the studio in a minute to test again

then i had another problem when i turned on my yamaha kx8 and started cubase the yamaha kx8 worked as usual
this i also a little daw controller so that could be a problem and it was i geuss

i tried resetting the d8b with the d8bridge software because the screen was reading thanks for rocking bye bye
so i tried the reset but that did not work it changed the mediyoke setting to kx nothing worked

This might have to do with your default MIDI ports. By default, Cubase/Nuendo listens on "All MIDI Inputs" which is bad because you are receiving a ton of MIDI info from the D8B. Check in your inspector window (the left portion of the Arranger Window) and select your Yamaha KX8 as your only MIDI input.

I recommend that you remove the MidiYoke (or LoopMIDI) ports from MIDI configuration page in the "Device Setup" window. Untick all of your MidiYoke/LoopMIDI ports just to make sure your MIDI tracks don't get data from the D8B.

Good luck!
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby Red Carpet » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:30 pm

the strange part is that if nothing is connected no kx8 no d8b and i put mediyoke ports in my device setup in the mcu it still sends midi impulses i will try the other program instead of midiyoke and keep you posted
Red Carpet

Postby Red Carpet » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:52 pm

o this might help you on your protools journy http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/ it a program for mac but maybe you can poke around in the source code its on there too Greetz Geert
Red Carpet

Postby Red Carpet » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:10 pm

hey MOSHWITZ could you send some screenshots of you settings and what version of cubase do you have mine is version 4.5.2
Red Carpet

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Red Carpet wrote:hey MOSHWITZ could you send some screenshots of you settings and what version of cubase do you have mine is version 4.5.2

There's many screenshots available to you in the Quick and Dirty Instructions available on our web site. Please check them out.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby MOSHWITZ » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:20 am

Sup Red :D

on this rig I'm currently using Cubase 5.1.1

But my setup looks just like Marc has it written in the quick and dirty setup guide.

Like he said in your other thread check to see and make sure your quick control tab is unchecked in the Mackie control setup in cubase.

MOSHON
DAVE
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Red Carpet » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:53 am

guys i think i found the failure i bought this usb to serial device on ebay
and when i stick that in it wants to install the driver okay so i do this
but nou it said he found an sid compliant mouse to
so this is and was the problem
tomorrow i gonna get me a com port to stick on my mammie board so pappie van be verry happy again :mrgreen:

so i guess i gonna have good news tomorrow
i saw that the lights went on before so i thought i pull the usb to serial out of my pc use it in a different usb port and then it started doing crazy stuff

so i deleted the PL-2303 Software and Drivers and every thing was normal again
i am getting close to use my d8b i can almost taste the sweetness i can almost look as 8-) as everybody around here

greets Red
Red Carpet

Postby MOSHWITZ » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:36 pm

Marc Girard wrote:
Any progress with Sonar/Cakewalk?

Yes. I just discovered that Sonar keeps on trying to connect to an MCU indefinitely until the unit replies some sort of a "host connected" message. All other DAWs don't do this, I don't know why. I sent an email to the guy who wrote the MCU Sonar plugin to see what can be done about this.

I just confirmed that it is the same for earlier ver. of sonar also ( 8.5) just for ref.
I have one band I jam with and sonar is all they use :( so I kinda hope this gets resolved ,,but I guess I could use HUI through the board in the meantime.

MOSHON
DAVE
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Red Carpet » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:49 pm

Marc Girard wrote:Hey Moshwitz!

Glad that you like your new re-purposed D8B! The Main L/R (Master) Meters are non-functional because the MCU protocol doesn't have any Mains! (SUCKS big time I say). I have some sort of a workaround for Cubase/Nuendo, but you have to change a generic MIDI controller value on every session that you run on your rig... So, I didn't have no choice but to leave it for now (until I found a permanent/workable solution).

Cheers!

hey marc maybe implement a button in the software that does the change when you click it (just an idea do not know if it is possible)
Red Carpet

Previous

Return to D8Bridge Forum