Change font size   Print view

New Info! Hook-Up Diagram on our web site now.

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: New Info! Hook-Up Diagram on our web site now.

Postby Marc Girard » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:26 am

RedCarpet: Hello there. Sorry you couldn't fix your problem. I'm trying to figure out why your PDF reader is going bezerk... It's *VERY* strange because all D8Bridge does is transmit and receive MIDI Data! How come your PDF reader is affected!? Do you have some sort of software that reads MIDI and converts it to keyboard strokes or something? I suspect a problem in that vein because your PDF keeps on freaking out when you unplug your keyboard/mouse. I don't think that your cable is defective, we already discussed about that, your D8B wouldn't even react if you had a defect cable... I saw the D8Bridge message on the VFD in your lastest video, that proves that the communication between your computer and the D8B works OK. Are you using a USB-Serial converter or are your connected directly to a DB9/Serial port on your PC? Would that be the problem? I'm trying to find solutions for you guys, but I need more info about your setup.

Studioa: You are not a beta tester, we've been through that phase some months ago. Whining about a problem and not giving any info about your setup or any instructions on what you have tried doesn't help neither. We sold many D8Bridge software kits and most clients are happy with their product, just read this forum, you'll see for yourself. Now, if you need assistance, just describe, in details, what you have done, what platform are you using and which OS you are running.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby Red Carpet » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:09 am

hi marc me again well what i tried so far is

at first
i bought a usb to serial thing then this problem came that i showed u in the video
i thought it was a cheap one so i thought this could be the problem.

to try and solve this i tried
a new install no succes
bought a serial com card for my old pc no succes
i bought windows 7 installed that no succes
i installed nuendo sindce you tested it on this with no succes
then
i bought a new computer
installed it no succes
another serial com card from sweex do not know if this could be the problem
its this one
http://www.sweex.com/nl/assortiment/con ... _firmware/

i resolderd a new cable no succes

i saw another user on the forum opend a d8bridge problem threat i believe this user has the same problem the way the user explaines the problem so if you fix his problem mine will be solved too

well and this thing with the pdf reader is not the only program i could open any program i geuss they are all this way
i had an korg driver on my old computer that can show midi activity and it showd alot also midiloop show alot
i was wondering maybe there are some differend d8b boards out there ????????? only a geuss

i am trying to get in contact with someone from the netherlands that has a d8b so i can test it if it has the same problem then but no luck yet there

i also can point out that the are 8 channels burnig when i start up any daw
when i test the leds everything lights up

the d8b i bought was just back from the mackie service center so i must be okay
i diconected the computer at first
i recently tested it again everything works
o there i one other thing i did not test yet
my mackie computer was running on software version 5.0
maybe the mackie software update 5.1 chanches something inside the d8b rom?
i did not test that yet

schould i test it??????? i do not know

well what could we do i could drag the d8b to my home an connect it here to my computer and let you take over my computer with teamviewer

thanks for your response man i really appreciate your trying to help
not like the folks a mackie
cos i had it with them i have 3 onix 400f units and they said i could daisy chan them on windows when the new sofware comes out wll the finally let me down again well sorry your product is not suported anymore hahahahaha what a waste of money so what its only money right :mrgreen:
Red Carpet

Postby Red Carpet » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:59 pm

hi marc i was on the mackie website to see if i could find something about 5.1 and the console but i found smething maybe it helps

Hardware::Console  My console is behaving in one or more ways: v-pots are rotating randomly, EQ values are scrolling randomly, console is producing low frequency pulse, console is not passing audio and/or on-screen faders are "twitching". Say what?!!

Your D8B is very likely experiencing a Bypass Capacitor Failure. Both the D8B (console and power supply) and the AIO-8 card have caps. If there are any AIO-8 cards install, remove them and reboot the D8B. If the problem goes away - add one card at a time until the bad card is located. If you do not have any AIO-8 cards installed.... - See Mackie Authorized Service Center Locator  top
Red Carpet

Postby Red Carpet » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:28 pm

guys today is big day for me, i am going to a guy with a d8b to test it
if this unit works with the software i will buy it
keeping my fingers crossed
Red Carpet

Postby Red Carpet » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:14 am

PROBLEM SOLVED

MY D8B's ARE WORKING PROPERLY I WILL POST MY VIDEO SOON :mrgreen:

I ALSO KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS :roll:

TO FIX IT I SPEND ANOTHER 1500 DOLLAR :shock:

But it was worth it,

now i got 2 working d8b mixing consoles.

The second unit i bought worked properly right away to test the other mixing console i put the power supply cable from the second units computer in the mixing console that i bought first then this unit also worked,

so it had to be some thing with the power supply

although the mackie computer from the first mixing console worked normal when i just started the standard mackie os.

I thought the pc powersupply was not working properly since i found this artikel on the mackie website posted in my previous posts.
So i switched it for a different AT pc power supply, then made all the connections again but i did not connect it to the motherboard of the mackie computer.
I tested it, the power was on but nothing had changed.
Then i started wordering how this could be possible because i still had this midi signal trouble, witch i did not have on the other console..........
:idea: Then i knew it must have something to do with the motherboard so i connected the the new pc power supply to the computers motherboard and tried to boot the computer again
and yes IT'S ALIVE MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! :mrgreen:
so the power supply must be connected to the old mackie motherboard otherwise it wont work

P8 AT power supply connector

Pin---Name-------------Color-----Description
1------PG---------------Orange---Power Good, +5 VDC when all voltages have stabilized.
2-----+5V---------------Red-------+5 VDC (or n/c)
3-----+12V------------Yellow----+12 VDC
4----[-12V]-------------Blue------[-12 VDC
5 ----GND--------------Black-------Ground
6-----GND--------------Black-------Ground

P9 AT power supply connector

Pin--Name--------------Color-----Description
1-----GND--------------Black-------Ground
2-----GND--------------Black-------Ground
3-----[-5V]--------White or Yellow -5 VDC
4-----+5V---------------Red--------+5 VDC
5-----+5V---------------Red--------+5 VDC
6-----+5V---------------Red--------+5 VDC

Cable connector is Molex 90331.

this must have something to do with the orage wire on the power supply its the power good wire

It took me four months and a shit load of money to figure this all out,
but my Problem is solved, and i hope its solves alot of your problems out there :ugeek:

Another fun fact about the second console is that it was owend by CHARLY LOWNOISE a famous dutch hardcore and house producer he made hits with this baby.

Well lets hope we can do the same you'll hear from us soon

GREETS

RED CARPET
Red Carpet

Postby MOSHWITZ » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:12 am

Sup? :)

Kick ass Red,, that's great news.
I'm glad you got it sorted, I felt bad for you cause I know the frustration was suckin,, I was racking my brain and couldn't think of no more things to try. It's a shame it cost that much, but at least you have another console for a spare.

Enjoy.

MOSHON
DAVE
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby synthjoe » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:41 pm

The PG signal!!! Oh my, this much trouble just because of a missing wire bridge... So strange the wobbling +12V was not noticeable otherwise, but glad you've got it solved - it was just so frustrating to read about all the failed attempts to make it work!!!

Enjoy!
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Marc Girard » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:33 am

Once again, awesome news Red! :) Thanks for posting back all your findings and helping the community. This info might be very valuable to someone else! Cheers from Canada!
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby livefromheaven » Sat May 12, 2012 4:16 am

Hi Red Carpet/Marc,

I got my cable in the mail the other day and I'm testing the setup now. I seem to have the exact same symptoms as Red Carpet. The console can see my channel names from Cubase, but none of the meters are lighting and the fasers aren't working. None of the transport controls are working either.

I'm reading through this thread and Red Carpet seems to have found the answer. Is it just a standard AT computer power supply that needs to be replaced? Is there any other sort of adapter cable or a recommended brand that I should get?

This is with Windows 7 64 bit, Cubase 4, MidiLoop.

I also have tried removing all of my expansion cards which didn't make any difference. The console works with when I boot into the Mackie OS. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Mike
livefromheaven

Postby livefromheaven » Sun May 13, 2012 7:39 am

Got it working tonight and it's awesome! I think the battery for the motherboard is going bad and it took a few tries for it to remember the CMOS settings. Once I got it working I just unplugged the CPU fan, hard/floppy drive, and motherboard altogether.

One other thing - the x64 version of the software wasn't working at all. I am using the 32 bit version along with LoopMidi. Maybe because I'm running 32 bit Cubase?

BTW, nice work on the DAW.txt. That's a great feature - I just change the windows ICON to Cubase and nobody knows the difference.

Either way, this is sweet! Thanks Marc!
livefromheaven

PreviousNext

Return to D8Bridge Forum