Change font size   Print view

New Info! Hook-Up Diagram on our web site now.

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

New Info! Hook-Up Diagram on our web site now.

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:17 pm

Hello all,

Being so close to something for a long period kind of makes you loose perspective sometimes! :) For those who didn't read all of the "D8B DAW Controller" thread or just arrived in the D8Bridge scene, I included a simple hook-up diagram in the FAQ section of the D8Bridge Web Site.

Click right here to see it-> http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge/support.html#faq

Cheers!
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Re: New Info! Hook-Up Diagram on our web site now.

Postby Red Carpet » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:37 am

i tried to contact u true the contact form on ur website but when i want to submit it offers me to save some kind of php file is this normal cos i did not think it was sumitting anything.:?:

greetings from geert straight out of the netherlands

so here is my story so far

hello there i got my cable and software true a dear friend of mine called patrick bielen

i have the usb to serial dongle and installed (midi Joke)

i have alot of trouble with it some how it f#$%ks everything up this is what i discoverd after checking kabels software and so on for hours but now i found the problem i use cubase 4 in my studio
and find out that midiyoke does not work the way it suppose to do
it keeps sending midi signals to my cubase first i thought is was th d8brige software then i tought it was the cable even solderd a new one but it all did not help now i unplug my d8b even de usb to serial cable start up and still the same result i deleted the mackie control units that use mediyoke and the problems where solved i made a new mackie control (mcu) nothing wrong i put in the ports of midiyoke and its fucked up again could you help me out here im kind of stuck thanks in advance o yeah and we don't want to forget a merry christmas to all you guys out there in canada
Red Carpet

Postby Marc Girard » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:49 am

i tried to contact u true the contact form on ur website but when i want to submit it offers me to save some kind of php file is this normal cos i did not think it was sumitting anything.:?:

Thanks for pointing that out to us, I didn't even know we had a PHP error on our web site. I'll have a look as soon as I got a minute. It's a busy holiday season this year!

i have alot of trouble with it some how it f#$%ks everything up this is what i discoverd after checking kabels software and so on for hours but now i found the problem i use cubase 4 in my studio and find out that midiyoke does not work the way it suppose to do it keeps sending midi signals to my cubase first i thought is was th d8brige software then i tought it was the cable even solderd a new one but it all did not help now i unplug my d8b even de usb to serial cable start up and still the same result i deleted the mackie control units that use mediyoke and the problems where solved i made a new mackie control (mcu) nothing wrong i put in the ports of midiyoke and its fucked up again could you help me out here im kind of stuck thanks in advance o yeah and we don't want to forget a merry christmas to all you guys out there in canada

Is this the same problem that you asked about in the other topic? If yes, please read the solution, it looks like you have a bad MIDI configuration to me. Just set up your MIDI ports right and it'll be solved, I'm pretty sure. Thanks for the wishes, same to you!
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby Red Carpet » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:38 pm

yes it is the same only now i know that it is because of midi yoke because when i have nothing connected no d8b and no kx8 midi yoke still sends midi impulses ill try the other program
Red Carpet

Postby Red Carpet » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:25 am

hello mark now i already read that calibrate faders is not in the 1.0 version so please don't mind my comment on that

here is a video what i got now

i also had a fresh install without the kx drivers no drivers at all but still the same result
my d8b lights up channel 1 to 8 but i thought maybe that is normal when i test the lights everything turns on so that is correct no problems there

well maybe you see something i do wrong although the video is not that good

greetings geert
Red Carpet

Postby Red Carpet » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:57 pm

i tried midiloop too that did not do any better but i was asking myself maybe it would work ?
i also own an emagic amt 8 unit its a midi device and i can conect it treu usb on this device the is an rs 323 serial port maybe if connect the d8b with that.

should i try this :?:
Red Carpet

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Hey Red Carpet,

OK, I think I might have found one or two problems with your installation.

First. Is your Cubase configured properly? Did you add 3 Mackie Control units with the correct ports assigned? Do you have your Quick Controls assigned as well? If so, make sure the Quick Controls are NOT assigned/connected to anything. That might be a potential problem right there.

Now, once your Cubase is configured correctly, load up D8Bridge *FIRST* (follow the steps closely in the instructions PDF). Once D8Bridge is loaded and the console is initialized, load your Cubase *SECOND*. D8Bridge must be up and running for Cubase to correctly talk to the virtual MCUs! Imagine booting up Cubase with a normal MCU turned off, it wouldn't work much wouldn't it? :)

I hope this helps, let me know if it works better!
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby Red Carpet » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:27 pm

the quik controls i do not know that but the 3 mcu i have

tonight i will test it again thanks for the quik awnser
i will keep you posted
:ugeek:
Red Carpet

Postby Red Carpet » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:15 pm

hello there guys i know one thing for shure its a midi conflict but what it is i do not know

corrupted (usb audioapparaat x 4270212)

anybody got a clue?
even if i pull every thing out this is driving me nuts
think i gonna get me a new computer cos this sucks big time

still a happy newyear to all you boys and girls
Red Carpet

Postby Red Carpet » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:39 pm

marc i have another question about something i tried

but it did not work ???

i made 10 midi ports with midiyoke

because i now know that the problem is with midi 4

i put ports 5 6 7 8 9 10 in the d8bridge software and also did this in cubase 4 and the midi failure did not come up

but then the console does not respond to the daw

is this because the software was made for ports 1 to 6 only????

greetings geert
Red Carpet

Next

Return to D8Bridge Forum