Change font size   Print view

Looking into d8bridge with questions...

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Looking into d8bridge with questions...

Postby Tgmusicman » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:33 am

I'm looking into d8bridge so I can use d8b as control surface for cubase. One question I have is does the OS in the d8b CPU have to be operational? My problem at the moment is I can't get it to boot on anything but 5.1 and no auth code so doesn't do me a bit of good.
Tgmusicman

Re: Looking into d8bridge with questions...

Postby Marc Girard » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:20 pm

Tgmusicman wrote:I'm looking into d8bridge so I can use d8b as control surface for cubase. One question I have is does the OS in the d8b CPU have to be operational? My problem at the moment is I can't get it to boot on anything but 5.1 and no auth code so doesn't do me a bit of good.

Hello there,

Nope, you don't need any Mackie OS at all to run D8Bridge. The only thing you need is your power supply to be working (is the board lighting up?). If yes is your answer, you're ready to go my friend! :) Thanks for posting.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby mixingmusic » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:02 pm

Marc Girard wrote:
Tgmusicman wrote:I'm looking into d8bridge so I can use d8b as control surface for cubase. One question I have is does the OS in the d8b CPU have to be operational? My problem at the moment is I can't get it to boot on anything but 5.1 and no auth code so doesn't do me a bit of good.

Hello there,

Nope, you don't need any Mackie OS at all to run D8Bridge. The only thing you need is your power supply to be working (is the board lighting up?). If yes is your answer, you're ready to go my friend! :) Thanks for posting.

Marc...Are you talking about the old D8B 1.1 with lots of issues or the new D8B 2.0 that isn't out yet?

Please Clarify.... :D

Thank you..
mixingmusic

Postby Tgmusicman » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Hey thanks Marc! Works for me! The board does light up and functions properly with 5.1 in demo mode(since I don't have auth code) but won't load v.3. I'm basically needing it for control surface anyway since most of my recording is done live with a Behringer X32 and Cubase(just acquired Cubase 7.5 today btw). Mix down has been done to this point with just the program itself, which works fine, but would much rather utilize the d8b to make my life easier lol. So this is available with v.1.1 or the new 2.0? If so when are you looking at v.2 release? Thanks for the help!
Tgmusicman

Postby Marc Girard » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:13 am

Tgmusicman wrote:Hey thanks Marc! Works for me! The board does light up and functions properly with 5.1 in demo mode(since I don't have auth code) but won't load v.3. I'm basically needing it for control surface anyway since most of my recording is done live with a Behringer X32 and Cubase(just acquired Cubase 7.5 today btw). Mix down has been done to this point with just the program itself, which works fine, but would much rather utilize the d8b to make my life easier lol. So this is available with v.1.1 or the new 2.0? If so when are you looking at v.2 release? Thanks for the help!

You're all good then. D8Bridge 1.1 will work for you. Version 2.0 is still a couple of weeks away, mixing work at the studio keeps me from working on it like I'd like to. D8Bridge 2.0 will use Ethernet and support HUI (x3). Depends on how fast you want to use your D8B! :)
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby mixingmusic » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:13 pm

Marc Girard wrote:
Tgmusicman wrote:Hey thanks Marc! Works for me! The board does light up and functions properly with 5.1 in demo mode(since I don't have auth code) but won't load v.3. I'm basically needing it for control surface anyway since most of my recording is done live with a Behringer X32 and Cubase(just acquired Cubase 7.5 today btw). Mix down has been done to this point with just the program itself, which works fine, but would much rather utilize the d8b to make my life easier lol. So this is available with v.1.1 or the new 2.0? If so when are you looking at v.2 release? Thanks for the help!

You're all good then. D8Bridge 1.1 will work for you. Version 2.0 is still a couple of weeks away, mixing work at the studio keeps me from working on it like I'd like to. D8Bridge 2.0 will use Ethernet and support HUI (x3). Depends on how fast you want to use your D8B! :)

PLEASE Tgmusicman do yourself a big favor and wait only 2 short weeks and hopefully 2.0 will work perfect....

D8Bridge 1.1 will work if you have the time to figure it out for yourself as I had to do!

If you are using win 7 32bit it will work fine......If you are 64bit it has bugs.....

After many weeks of trying to get D8Bridge 1.1 working with Cubase 7.5 it works but I get meter bridge freeze and
Only 24 Tracks can be mixed at a time on the Mackie D8B Board..

It's almost a ritual you go through to get it to work in Win 64 w/ Cubase7.5 but I did make it work!

If you buy 1.1 I will be glad to help you with C7.5...

My advice is to wait and see if 2.0 will work...As Marc said only 2 More Weeks......

Good Luck! :)
mixingmusic

Postby Tgmusicman » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:19 pm

Ok good deal! I can wait for a couple of weeks for 2.0 lol. I have 2 different computers to work with. One is laptop running win 8 32 bit and the other is desktop running win 8 64 bit. Plenty of power on both for sure!
Tgmusicman

Postby mixingmusic » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Tgmusicman wrote:Ok good deal! I can wait for a couple of weeks for 2.0 lol. I have 2 different computers to work with. One is laptop running win 8 32 bit and the other is desktop running win 8 64 bit. Plenty of power on both for sure!

You might want to ask Marc if 2.0 will work with Win 8 64 in 2 weeks :)
mixingmusic

Postby Tgmusicman » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:19 pm

Either way I'm still covered. One comp is running 32 and the other 64 so I should be good lol
Tgmusicman

Postby mixingmusic » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:28 pm

Tgmusicman wrote:Either way I'm still covered. One comp is running 32 and the other 64 so I should be good lol

Cool 8-)
mixingmusic

Next

Return to D8Bridge Forum