Change font size   Print view

v2 Feature Request - User-Defined Control Surface Count

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

v2 Feature Request - User-Defined Control Surface Count

Postby bitSync » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:38 pm

Marc,

While you're banging around those pots and pans in the D8Bridge kitchen, perhaps you'd consider another tasty ingredient for v2? If v2.x could enable users to specify the number of control surfaces rather than being limited to 3 as in v1.1, one invocation of D8Bridge could manage the totality of surfaces. For example, 2 or more d8bs could be operated under 1 D8Bridge instance rather than multiple instances. No resource contention or confusion between D8Bridge instances. Track shifts would shift across the total track count contiguously. The control surface count could be managed through the config file. A configuration of 2 d8bs could look like 1 MCU + 5 XTs to D8Bridge. I wouldn't want this to slow you down any on v2.0; I imagine this is not a priority for many D8Bridge users. But if it could be baked into the v2 code base for later implementation in v2.1, v2.2, that would be cool. Just a thought. Thanks!
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: v2 Feature Request - User-Defined Control Surface Count

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:21 am

bitSync wrote:While you're banging around those pots and pans in the D8Bridge kitchen, perhaps you'd consider another tasty ingredient for v2? If v2.x could enable users to specify the number of control surfaces rather than being limited to 3 as in v1.1, one invocation of D8Bridge could manage the totality of surfaces. For example, 2 or more d8bs could be operated under 1 D8Bridge instance rather than multiple instances. No resource contention or confusion between D8Bridge instances. Track shifts would shift across the total track count contiguously. The control surface count could be managed through the config file. A configuration of 2 d8bs could look like 1 MCU + 5 XTs to D8Bridge. I wouldn't want this to slow you down any on v2.0; I imagine this is not a priority for many D8Bridge users. But if it could be baked into the v2 code base for later implementation in v2.1, v2.2, that would be cool. Just a thought. Thanks!

Yes, I already thought about this one. I own 2 D8Bs myself so I'm concerned by this. Will see what I can do! :)
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Return to D8Bridge Forum