Change font size   Print view

D8Briidge and Logic Pro X 64 Bit

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

D8Briidge and Logic Pro X 64 Bit

Postby etmusicnyc » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:22 am

Hello Everyone I have been using logic since 4.0 With Mackie D8B are their any issues with it I have seen all videos but nothing in full action don't want to be spending if i am going to have to be trouble shutting all the time and what comes in the box once you order it.
etmusicnyc

Re: D8Briidge and Logic Pro X 64 Bit

Postby mulle_p » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:57 pm

Hey

As far as I know, d8bridge isn't supported by mac os yet. It should be supported in v2.0. I wrote Marc about it, and hope to hear from him soon! When I do, I will post his reply in this thread. I want to use it on mac, with logic pro 9.

Morten, Denmark
mulle_p

Postby Marc Girard » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:56 pm

Hello guys,

So far, the only way to make D8Bridge v1.x to work on Mac is that have a small PC running D8Bridge and transmit the MIDI data over the Mac using some MIDI over Ethernet connection. It's complicated but it works.

Indeed, v2.0 will run native on Mac. I just sorted out the CoreAudio/CoreMIDI part of the thing, it's slowly coming! :D
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby mulle_p » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:20 pm

Awesome... :)

Did i get it Right, in v2.0 you Will boot the d8b from a floppy disc, and connect the d8b with a computer with an ethernet cable?
mulle_p

Postby Marc Girard » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:23 pm

mulle_p wrote:Did i get it Right, in v2.0 you Will boot the d8b from a floppy disc, and connect the d8b with a computer with an ethernet cable?

Yes sir, you got it down! :) No more custom serial cables and adapters. No modifications to the board what so ever. For those who hacked their power supplies, there still gonna be the "Serial" mode as well.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Return to D8Bridge Forum