Change font size   Print view

HEY MARC ---- D8B 1.1 for Cubase 7 64bit won't work!

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: HEY MARC ---- D8B 1.1 for Cubase 7 64bit won't work!

Postby mixingmusic » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:05 am

bitSync wrote:
mixingmusic wrote:
I need very specific directions and pics to follow because I'm not a computer programmer....

I was able to follow the directions for the 32bit program and if I had directions for the 64bit I think I might be able to do it.

Thanks for you help!

Again I tried using the 32 bit version and it still don't work in 64 bit for me....

I guess I'll take one more crack at this...

So, when you say "I was able to follow the directions for the 32bit program..." are you meaning the 32 bit Cubase executable? And you are now having trouble with the 64 bit Cubase executable? Is that right?

And when you say "...and if I had directions for the 64bit I think I might be able to do it." are you thinking that there must be different D8Bridge configuration procedures for a 64 bit DAW than for a 32 bit DAW? Is that right?

The D8Bridge v1.1 configuration process for a 64 bit DAW is exactly the same as it is for a 32 bit DAW.

By the way, you don't need to be a computer programmer at all; there's nothing to code here. It's just an application configuration process.

This may help. Please specify -

• Your operating system, the version and whether it is a 32 bit OS or a 64 bit OS
  • Your DAW version and whether it is a 32 bit application or a 64 bit application
  • Which MIDI patch application you are using (LoopMIDI, LoopBE30, etc.) and how you have setup the MIDI ports in both your DAW and in the MIDI patch application
  • The filename of the D8Bridge executable you are trying to run

The general steps you'll follow to configure D8Bridge with your DAW (going by my memory) -

• Delete all instances of config.d8b from your file system.
  • Make sure your MIDI virtual port software is installed and working properly
  • Shut down your DAW
  • Allocate 3 pairs of MIDI ports from your MIDI virtual port software (6 ports total)
  • Invoke D8Bridge 32 bit application
  • It will want to know a COM port you will be using for the serial interface to the d8b console, so assign it
  • It will need the port pairs assigned to the 3 controllers MCU 1, MCU 2, MCU3. Make these assignments and make a record of which is which, i.e., MIDI port 1 is MCU 1 output, MIDI port 2 is MCU 1 input, MIDI port 3 is MCU output, etc. This will work in different ways depending on which MIDI virtual port software you are using. If your software allocates in pairs of MIDI ports, you still need to make a record of which port is for which MCU and whether it is input or output.
  • Once you have the correct COM port selected and the 6 MIDI ports (3 pairs) allocated, close the D8Bridge application. This will save off the configuration file.
  • Reopen the D8Bridge application, first checking the running process list to make sure the d8bridge application isn't still running. If it is, kill it. Then re-invoke D8Bridge.
  • You should get a message that the application is initializing the console. Look for a corresponding message on the d8b VFD display.
  • If all that goes as it should, the next thing you'll see is the D8Bridge GUI saying it is waiting for the DAW.
  • Start up your DAW.
  • Assign the MCU controllers in the DAW in accordance with their intended function. For example, the DAW MCU 1 output should use the virtual MIDI corresponding to the D8Bridge MCU 1 input, like so -

DAW MCU 1 Input <- [Virtual MIDI Port a] <- D8Bridge MCU 1 Output
    DAW MCU 1 Output -> [Virtual MIDI Port b] -> D8Bridge MCU 1 Input

DAW MCU 2 Input <- [Virtual MIDI Port c] <- D8Bridge MCU 2 Output
    DAW MCU 2 Output -> [Virtual MIDI Port d] -> D8bridge MCU 2 Input

DAW MCU 3 Input <- [Virtual MIDI Port e] <- D8Bridge MCU 3 Output
    DAW MCU 3 Output -> [Virtual MIDI Port f] -> D8Bridge MCU 3 Input

• Save the MCU controller MIDI configuration in your DAW.
  • Depending on how your DAW initializes with its controllers, you may need to tweak the d8b vPots for each of the 3 MCUs to make sure they're assigned to the correct bank of 8 faders (start at fader 1 for MCU 1, start at fader 9 for MCU 2, start at fader 17 for MCU 3). I can describe this process for Sonar but I don't know how Cubase does it.
  • You should be good to go.

Please see if any of this helps.

I know you're a great person and you are really trying to help me...But I'm using Cubase not Sonar and they are not quite the same.

It shouldn't be your responsibility to get me thru this....I would think Marc would get me through this....

I'm not trying to be a Jerk at all I do appreciate all your help...... I just want this to work!....Not kinda working!

This thing has always been a little buggie and I put up with it because I was told their would be updates to fix them..

I was told the day I bought this there would be updates....I have never seen one.......

As I said if I can make this work without any errors I would be happy....

Marc designed this around Cubase and he should get me thru this or someone else with Cubase 64 so we can be on
the same page..

I'm Sorry, I feel like I'm wasting your time...... Again Thank You sooo much for your help!
mixingmusic

Postby bitSync » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:34 am

OK. Good luck to you.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby mixingmusic » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:45 am

bitSync wrote:
mixingmusic wrote:
I need very specific directions and pics to follow because I'm not a computer programmer....

I was able to follow the directions for the 32bit program and if I had directions for the 64bit I think I might be able to do it.

Thanks for you help!

Again I tried using the 32 bit version and it still don't work in 64 bit for me....

I guess I'll take one more crack at this...

So, when you say "I was able to follow the directions for the 32bit program..." are you meaning the 32 bit Cubase executable? And you are now having trouble with the 64 bit Cubase executable? Is that right?

And when you say "...and if I had directions for the 64bit I think I might be able to do it." are you thinking that there must be different D8Bridge configuration procedures for a 64 bit DAW than for a 32 bit DAW? Is that right?

The D8Bridge v1.1 configuration process for a 64 bit DAW is exactly the same as it is for a 32 bit DAW.

By the way, you don't need to be a computer programmer at all; there's nothing to code here. It's just an application configuration process.

This may help. Please specify -

• Your operating system, the version and whether it is a 32 bit OS or a 64 bit OS
  • Your DAW version and whether it is a 32 bit application or a 64 bit application
  • Which MIDI patch application you are using (LoopMIDI, LoopBE30, etc.) and how you have setup the MIDI ports in both your DAW and in the MIDI patch application
  • The filename of the D8Bridge executable you are trying to run

The general steps you'll follow to configure D8Bridge with your DAW (going by my memory) -

• Delete all instances of config.d8b from your file system.
  • Make sure your MIDI virtual port software is installed and working properly
  • Shut down your DAW
  • Allocate 3 pairs of MIDI ports from your MIDI virtual port software (6 ports total)
  • Invoke D8Bridge 32 bit application
  • It will want to know a COM port you will be using for the serial interface to the d8b console, so assign it
  • It will need the port pairs assigned to the 3 controllers MCU 1, MCU 2, MCU3. Make these assignments and make a record of which is which, i.e., MIDI port 1 is MCU 1 output, MIDI port 2 is MCU 1 input, MIDI port 3 is MCU output, etc. This will work in different ways depending on which MIDI virtual port software you are using. If your software allocates in pairs of MIDI ports, you still need to make a record of which port is for which MCU and whether it is input or output.
  • Once you have the correct COM port selected and the 6 MIDI ports (3 pairs) allocated, close the D8Bridge application. This will save off the configuration file.
  • Reopen the D8Bridge application, first checking the running process list to make sure the d8bridge application isn't still running. If it is, kill it. Then re-invoke D8Bridge.
  • You should get a message that the application is initializing the console. Look for a corresponding message on the d8b VFD display.
  • If all that goes as it should, the next thing you'll see is the D8Bridge GUI saying it is waiting for the DAW.
  • Start up your DAW.
  • Assign the MCU controllers in the DAW in accordance with their intended function. For example, the DAW MCU 1 output should use the virtual MIDI corresponding to the D8Bridge MCU 1 input, like so -

DAW MCU 1 Input <- [Virtual MIDI Port a] <- D8Bridge MCU 1 Output
    DAW MCU 1 Output -> [Virtual MIDI Port b] -> D8Bridge MCU 1 Input

DAW MCU 2 Input <- [Virtual MIDI Port c] <- D8Bridge MCU 2 Output
    DAW MCU 2 Output -> [Virtual MIDI Port d] -> D8bridge MCU 2 Input

DAW MCU 3 Input <- [Virtual MIDI Port e] <- D8Bridge MCU 3 Output
    DAW MCU 3 Output -> [Virtual MIDI Port f] -> D8Bridge MCU 3 Input

• Save the MCU controller MIDI configuration in your DAW.
  • Depending on how your DAW initializes with its controllers, you may need to tweak the d8b vPots for each of the 3 MCUs to make sure they're assigned to the correct bank of 8 faders (start at fader 1 for MCU 1, start at fader 9 for MCU 2, start at fader 17 for MCU 3). I can describe this process for Sonar but I don't know how Cubase does it.
  • You should be good to go.

Please see if any of this helps.

I did notice that my usb to serial port has an error 10 message..
I bought a cheap one just like Marc advised.....
mixingmusic

Postby mixingmusic » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:23 am

Got it to work finally............

It works in 64 bit but it worked better in 32 bit.....

I hope the new one works better than this...............
mixingmusic

Postby mixingmusic » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:20 am

mixingmusic wrote:Got it to work finally............

It works in 64 bit but it worked better in 32 bit.....

I hope the new one works better than this...............

it works kinda
mixingmusic

Postby Red Carpet » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:00 pm

i had that same problem i installed the 32 bit version of d8brige and it worked im on cubase 7.5 now sill works here
Red Carpet

Postby mixingmusic » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:10 pm

Red Carpet wrote:i had that same problem i installed the 32 bit version of d8brige and it worked im on cubase 7.5 now sill works here

I'm also on Cubase 7.5 and it works fine!
mixingmusic

Previous

Return to D8Bridge Forum