Change font size   Print view

HEY MARC ---- D8B 1.1 for Cubase 7 64bit won't work!

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

HEY MARC ---- D8B 1.1 for Cubase 7 64bit won't work!

Postby mixingmusic » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:47 pm

Hey Mark,

If this worked in Cubase 64 Bit I would be Happy with my $350.00 Investment...

Any Suggestions?

32 Bit worked for a while....But I moved up to 64 as I told you I was going to do.....

I asked you that on Skype and you told me no problem....You were working on the upgrade for all of us!

Now What am I supposed to do?

$350 is a lot of money to me.....Can I expect a fix?

MIXINGMUSIC
mixingmusic

Re: HEY MARC ---- D8B 1.1 for Cubase 7 64bit won't work!

Postby Marc Girard » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:51 am

I need a little more info from you, a simple post that says "Doesn't work" doesn't help much. Help me help you.

Here's some pointers:

1- Use D8Bridge.exe (and not D8Bridge_x64.exe, there's a bug that prevents the software to run correctly)
2- Your Cubase is 64bit? Use LoopMIDI instead of MidiYoke. LoopMIDI works with both x32/x64
3- Configure LoopMIDI to use 6 virtual MIDI ports (See the instruction in the supplied PDF)
4- Mix your projects. There's a few guys here that uses C7/N6

Good luck,
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby mixingmusic » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:32 am

Marc Girard wrote:I need a little more info from you, a simple post that says "Doesn't work" doesn't help much. Help me help you.

Here's some pointers:

1- Use D8Bridge.exe (and not D8Bridge_x64.exe, there's a bug that prevents the software to run correctly)
2- Your Cubase is 64bit? Use LoopMIDI instead of MidiYoke. LoopMIDI works with both x32/x64
3- Configure LoopMIDI to use 6 virtual MIDI ports (See the instruction in the supplied PDF)
4- Mix your projects. There's a few guys here that uses C7/N6

Good luck,

yes I'm using C7 64bit and I downloaded LoopMidi

I have tried to confiq this 20 times and I hope I'm doing something wrong....Because it won't work...

I need pics and really good how to instructions.....

You make youtube videos selling your D8B....Why don't you have youtube videos showing how to set everything up.

That way I could have maybe fixed this along time ago and not burdened you..

Is anybody else using C 7 64bit and working perfect?

Thanks
mixingmusic

Postby bitSync » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:21 am

Are you using the D8Bridge v1.1 32 bit executable or the D8Bridge v1.1 64 bit executable? If you're using the D8Bridge v1.1 64 bit executable, then don't. It doesn't work properly (#1 in Marc's post). Use the D8Bridge v1.1 32 bit executable (yes, even on your 64 bit operating system and/or with your 64 bit DAW). If you're already using the D8Bridge v1.1 32 bit executable, then nevermind. Please post more details. Good luck!
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bitSync » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:44 am

There are some other gotchas you can run into when configuring D8Bridge, even when you're running the 32 bit version. A couple of things to look for while configuring your setup -

• Before invoking D8Bridge v1.1 x32, check the running processes list to make sure you don't already have one or more D8Bridge processes running; they don't necessarily shutdown when you think they have. Trying to configure D8Bridge with multiple instances running can be a nightmare. Trust me on this...
  • If you keep running into problems with the configuration, search for instances of config.d8b on your file system. If you have more than one instance of the file, D8Bridge may be using a version of the config file you weren't really expecting. D8Bridge v1.1 seems to search promiscuously for a config.d8b without confinement to a particular directory, although that may be a Windows 7 thing or a VisualBasic file open() arguments thing.
  • If you do have multiple instances of config.d8b, or if you've just reached a maximum frustration point and want to start fresh, just delete all instances of config.d8b from your file system and the next time you start D8Bridge it will think it is being run for the first time and will create a shiny new, empty config.d8b awaiting your initial configuration.

Please see if any of this is useful to you and let us know how you make out.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby mixingmusic » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:20 pm

bitSync wrote:There are some other gotchas you can run into when configuring D8Bridge, even when you're running the 32 bit version. A couple of things to look for while configuring your setup -

• Before invoking D8Bridge v1.1 x32, check the running processes list to make sure you don't already have one or more D8Bridge processes running; they don't necessarily shutdown when you think they have. Trying to configure D8Bridge with multiple instances running can be a nightmare. Trust me on this...
  • If you keep running into problems with the configuration, search for instances of config.d8b on your file system. If you have more than one instance of the file, D8Bridge may be using a version of the config file you weren't really expecting. D8Bridge v1.1 seems to search promiscuously for a config.d8b without confinement to a particular directory, although that may be a Windows 7 thing or a VisualBasic file open() arguments thing.
  • If you do have multiple instances of config.d8b, or if you've just reached a maximum frustration point and want to start fresh, just delete all instances of config.d8b from your file system and the next time you start D8Bridge it will think it is being run for the first time and will create a shiny new, empty config.d8b awaiting your initial configuration.

Please see if any of this is useful to you and let us know how you make out.

Thanks for your help....

I'm not a computer wiz when it comes to this.....
I'm an old school engineer...Analog boards...24 track tape machines...

This is a new computer that has never ran D8b on it
As I said it is C 7.5 win pro 64bit

I need very specific directions and pics to follow because I'm not a computer programmer....

I was able to follow the directions for the 32bit program and if I had directions for the 64bit I think I might be able to do it.

Thanks for you help!

Joe
mixingmusic

Postby bitSync » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:06 pm

mixingmusic wrote:...I was able to follow the directions for the 32bit program and if I had directions for the 64bit I think I might be able to do it.

Joe

Joe,

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but it sounds like you are trying to use the 64 bit version of the D8Bridge v1.1 executable.

If you're talking about trying to use the 64 bit version of the D8Bridge v1.1 program you've got to get that idea out of your head. The 64 bit version of D8Bridge v1.1 doesn't work properly and if you continue to try to use the 64 bit version of D8Bridge v1.1 your life will be filled with frustration and misery. Use only the 32 bit version of D8Bridge v1.1. In other words...

Dont use the 64 bit D8Bridge v1.1. Ever.

If you're not talking about trying to use the 64 bit version of the D8Bridge executable, please clear that up for us. Please report back what issues, if any, you are having trying to use the 32 bit version of D8Bridge v1.1. Best wishes.
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby mixingmusic » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:32 pm

bitSync wrote:
mixingmusic wrote:...I was able to follow the directions for the 32bit program and if I had directions for the 64bit I think I might be able to do it.

Joe

Joe,

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but it sounds like you are trying to use the 64 bit version of the D8Bridge v1.1 executable.

If you're talking about trying to use the 64 bit version of the D8Bridge v1.1 program you've got to get that idea out of your head. The 64 bit version of D8Bridge v1.1 doesn't work properly and if you continue to try to use the 64 bit version of D8Bridge v1.1 your life will be filled with frustration and misery. Use only the 32 bit version of D8Bridge v1.1. In other words...

If you're not talking about trying to use the 64 bit version of the D8Bridge executable, please clear that up for us. Please report back what issues, if any, you are having trying to use the 32 bit version of D8Bridge v1.1. Best wishes.

no I'm not using the 64bit version
mixingmusic

Postby mixingmusic » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:36 pm

mixingmusic wrote:
bitSync wrote:

Joe

Joe,

no..... I'm not using the 64bit version

I need very specific directions and pics to follow because I'm not a computer programmer....

I was able to follow the directions for the 32bit program and if I had directions for the 64bit I think I might be able to do it.

Thanks for you help!

Again I tried using the 32 bit version and it still don't work in 64 bit for me....

JoeUser avatar
mixingmusic

Private message
mixingmusic

Postby bitSync » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:28 pm

mixingmusic wrote:

Thanks for you help!

Again I tried using the 32 bit version and it still don't work in 64 bit for me....

I guess I'll take one more crack at this...

So, when you say "I was able to follow the directions for the 32bit program..." are you meaning the 32 bit Cubase executable? And you are now having trouble with the 64 bit Cubase executable? Is that right?

And when you say "...and if I had directions for the 64bit I think I might be able to do it." are you thinking that there must be different D8Bridge configuration procedures for a 64 bit DAW than for a 32 bit DAW? Is that right?

The D8Bridge v1.1 configuration process for a 64 bit DAW is exactly the same as it is for a 32 bit DAW.

By the way, you don't need to be a computer programmer at all; there's nothing to code here. It's just an application configuration process.

This may help. Please specify -

• Your operating system, the version and whether it is a 32 bit OS or a 64 bit OS
  • Your DAW version and whether it is a 32 bit application or a 64 bit application
  • Which MIDI patch application you are using (LoopMIDI, LoopBE30, etc.) and how you have setup the MIDI ports in both your DAW and in the MIDI patch application
  • The filename of the D8Bridge executable you are trying to run

The general steps you'll follow to configure D8Bridge with your DAW (going by my memory) -

• Delete all instances of config.d8b from your file system.
  • Make sure your MIDI virtual port software is installed and working properly
  • Shut down your DAW
  • Allocate 3 pairs of MIDI ports from your MIDI virtual port software (6 ports total)
  • Invoke D8Bridge 32 bit application
  • It will want to know a COM port you will be using for the serial interface to the d8b console, so assign it
  • It will need the port pairs assigned to the 3 controllers MCU 1, MCU 2, MCU3. Make these assignments and make a record of which is which, i.e., MIDI port 1 is MCU 1 output, MIDI port 2 is MCU 1 input, MIDI port 3 is MCU output, etc. This will work in different ways depending on which MIDI virtual port software you are using. If your software allocates in pairs of MIDI ports, you still need to make a record of which port is for which MCU and whether it is input or output.
  • Once you have the correct COM port selected and the 6 MIDI ports (3 pairs) allocated, close the D8Bridge application. This will save off the configuration file.
  • Reopen the D8Bridge application, first checking the running process list to make sure the d8bridge application isn't still running. If it is, kill it. Then re-invoke D8Bridge.
  • You should get a message that the application is initializing the console. Look for a corresponding message on the d8b VFD display.
  • If all that goes as it should, the next thing you'll see is the D8Bridge GUI saying it is waiting for the DAW.
  • Start up your DAW.
  • Assign the MCU controllers in the DAW in accordance with their intended function. For example, the DAW MCU 1 output should use the virtual MIDI corresponding to the D8Bridge MCU 1 input, like so -

DAW MCU 1 Input <- [Virtual MIDI Port a] <- D8Bridge MCU 1 Output
    DAW MCU 1 Output -> [Virtual MIDI Port b] -> D8Bridge MCU 1 Input

DAW MCU 2 Input <- [Virtual MIDI Port c] <- D8Bridge MCU 2 Output
    DAW MCU 2 Output -> [Virtual MIDI Port d] -> D8bridge MCU 2 Input

DAW MCU 3 Input <- [Virtual MIDI Port e] <- D8Bridge MCU 3 Output
    DAW MCU 3 Output -> [Virtual MIDI Port f] -> D8Bridge MCU 3 Input

• Save the MCU controller MIDI configuration in your DAW.
  • Depending on how your DAW initializes with its controllers, you may need to tweak the d8b vPots for each of the 3 MCUs to make sure they're assigned to the correct bank of 8 faders (start at fader 1 for MCU 1, start at fader 9 for MCU 2, start at fader 17 for MCU 3). I can describe this process for Sonar but I don't know how Cubase does it.
  • You should be good to go.

Please see if any of this helps.
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to D8Bridge Forum