Change font size   Print view

help faders dont work anymore??

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: help faders dont work anymore??

Postby munkustrap » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:13 am

Hi Eddos

where are you located ? in the EU or US,Canada ?

For your symthomes there are some possible reasons:

1. Broken 12V supply or GND Problem (this supply is not only for the 12V faders, it also Feeds the reference voltage for the AD converter (only one on the Brainboard) which converts the Vpot and fader signals to a digital value. If you do not have a stable 12V or the GND of the 12V is not connected to the GND of the 5V then you will have those effects.

2. rail cap Problem, yes that could be but I would not excpect it. But ist always good to replace them as a prevention task

3. 5V supply broken / unstable, This can cause resets of the circuits but I do not expect that this is your issue

I don't know your d8b, maybe you can open the CPU/PSU and send me some Pictures from the inside ?

best regards
Munk
munkustrap

Re: help faders dont work anymore??

Postby Eddos » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:24 pm

My situation is as follow,

Power supply is attached with a big cable and data (printer) cable on the mixer. Also a external screen is plugged in the power supply. Nothing else is hooked on the mixer or the power supply.
I have a mouse but it don't work, it's a lasermouse attatched with a usb-converter because i don't have a old mouse.

When i start the computer from de d8b mixer everything goes ok.
It says i have V3 installed, the mixer starts up normal as well, checking i/o cards bla vla bla and it ends with 4x gain 0DB
so everything goes on normaly, no fault codes.
But the faders dont do anything (i thought the always calibrating by every startup?)
When i put a fader "all" the way up on my mixer, i see on my external screen he goes "half" way up.
I also see my faders on the external screen dancing a little bit
I also checked all fuses in the power supply, all ok.

Ps, im from Europe (the netherlands)

greets,
Eddos

munkustrap wrote:Hi Eddos

where are you located ? in the EU or US,Canada ?

For your symthomes there are some possible reasons:

1. Broken 12V supply or GND Problem (this supply is not only for the 12V faders, it also Feeds the reference voltage for the AD converter (only one on the Brainboard) which converts the Vpot and fader signals to a digital value. If you do not have a stable 12V or the GND of the 12V is not connected to the GND of the 5V then you will have those effects.

2. rail cap Problem, yes that could be but I would not excpect it. But ist always good to replace them as a prevention task

3. 5V supply broken / unstable, This can cause resets of the circuits but I do not expect that this is your issue

I don't know your d8b, maybe you can open the CPU/PSU and send me some Pictures from the inside ?

best regards
Munk
Eddos

Previous

Return to D8Bridge Forum